Aa
A
A
A
Close
Bipolar Disorder Community
5k Members

Doctors Appointment

I printed off my mood chart to take with me to the doctors today. The appointment went well and he was pleased that I took the chart in but he wants to see my journals as well.

What I wondered was does anyone else show their journals to their pdoc?
1 Responses
585414 tn?1288944902
Yes I do. In fact with the printed information here my neurologist had enough knowledge about the Zofran I now use for tardive dyskinesia now to prescribe it for me even though he was unfamiliar with it before. I also find have found it to be good as a mood stabilizer even though it hasn't been studied for that yet which my psychiatrist can confirm And because I speak about experimental treatments (glycine for schizoaffective) and conditions (tardive psychosis) I am in recovery for I make sure my psychiatrist reads the journals to know what I am writing is accurate. And in describing the specific experience of recovery as everyone does here he can better understand what I am personally going through and it saves office time. He appreciates it. Since this can be read from the web I let him know which journal entries are mine and he reads them off the internet. I can say for myself its been a long year. Not only obtaining treatment for tardive dyskinesia but a working mood stabilizer as well. And some of the information I obtained here and my neurologist is thankful for that.
Have an Answer?
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.