Bipolar Disorder Community

Need a Psychiatrist who accepts Medicare

Hello, Dr. Gould,

Do you are a colleague know of any private practice Psychiatrists that accept Medicare?

I live in the city of Woodland Hills which is in the (Los Angeles, County), San Fernando Valley.

I am a 45, female, bipolar since 1997, in addition, I have p.t.s.d, abused as a child, low self-esteem.

Medications: Wellbutrin XL 300mg, Trileptal 300mg, Lexapro 20mg, Ativan .5 prn and Synthroid 50 mg.(hypo-thyroid)

I also need a referral a therapist who accepts Medicare. I know that psycho-therapy works together with the medications.

Do you know of any out-patient partial programs in the Los Angeles County that accept Medicare/Medical?

Curious? When does one know if they are ready to go back to work? Are there any programs that help people like me that are on disability get back into low stress jobs?

Thank you.
Although I'm not Dr. Gould(I think his in a different section) you might try the following website http://www.cms.hhs.gov/center/provider.asp for possible information or call 1-800-MEDICARE.