Burns Community
114 Members

What type of chemical burn did you experience?

I was cleaninhg parts at work and they did not delute it and  our hands started burning and getting red and then blisting.. felt like raw nerves....I washed it right away then after one daay of hurting went to er...they put cream on it which really helped and put us on antibodtic and lite pain pills.could not work the next day
I got burned from a starter spray for a vehicle. I held the can between my thighs while I put the lid back on the carburetor and the spray soaked thru my jeans. I had a 15-minute ride home. It started burning the first 5 minutes. By the time I got home, I stripped, took a shower and applied some gel strictly for burns. This is my 3rd day out and it's still warm to the touch but not as angry red looking as most of the soreness has gone away.
I got a chemical burn when I used acne treatment cream with benzoyl peroxide.
I got a chemical burn when I used OTC acne products.  They burned my skin and now I have bubbles on my face and neck. My skin is dry and it feels dead. It sort of itches and is peeling in places.
I experienced a chemical reaction from acrylic and non latex gloves that have acrylic in them. My fingers were inflamed and extremely itchy and then a week later my skin started to peel and had open cuts and now are all red and cracked and they look like blood keeps coming to the surface of the skin.
I used an in Home Hair color to cover my gray and left it on a little too long, 1st day no problems, 2nd day serious redness on my face, 10 days later I nearly Died! Puss, Bleeding, from my scalp, My ear canal swelled shut, yellow fluid seeped from my eyes, my face swelled, My privates itched, my entire body was covered in a deep rash with welts, Both my ears cracked and seeped and bled. I finally went to the ER only because I knew I was about to die. They gave me steroid shot, pain killers, antibiotics, naproxen and steroid prescriptions. It has been 22 days since I used the color and I'm still suffering but not as bad. I am still not sure if I have any scaring.
I got a chemical burn on my fingers when I was using a deck cleaner.
I was cleaning the perimeter of a trailer roof with mineral spirits using thick napkin-like cloths.  Each time I finished with one, I stuck it in my shorts pocket because I didn't have a rubbish bag on me.  The result was a burn on my skin where the pocket sits.
Plant area fertilizer was the cause of my chemical burn.
costic chemical on top of foot, need treatment help plz.
I applied hair removal cream to my husband's back and it started to burn took a shower and the next morning he had. Burn scabs on the area treated.
my son treated his poison ivy by using diluted bleach water.  he has a burn on his leg
I have been the dishwasher at work for the last 2 days.  The sanitizer used in the dishwasher burned my right hand.  The palm of my hand is hot in skin temperature and my hand is all red.  My fingers have become swollen and tender and my hand feels extremely dry and leathery.
My chemical burn was lysol concentrate.
I used a cream hair remover on my jaw line and upper lip.  Now I have a horrible itchy rash.
Many EMS and industrial safety people worldwide know about a product called Diphoterine mnufactured by a company called Prevor in France.  If Diphoterine is used in the first 6o seconds after skin contact can help reduce the severity of a chemical skin splash.  It reacts effectively on both acids and bases.  The skin spray is now Health Canada approved as a medical device.  It is sold by Levitt-Safety in Oakville, Ontario.
Powerded floor cleaner name unknown came in contact with lips, inside mouth and tongue.
I used 40 volumn peroxide with bleach while performing a full foil for a client .  I was not wearing gloves and the bleach got in between my nail bed and entered my blood stream, now my thumb feals like it is on fire and the pain is overwelming
I was in contact with the chemical nicknamed scavenger I was fully under supplied air and had all of my rain gear and boots on then another thin suit over top I was steaming out a tank cause this chemical was mixed in with produced water that had frozen in the tank I was exposed to this orangey chemical scavenger for over four hours with full garr and full air but at the end of the day my bowers were soaked and my boots Han over an inch of chemical in them.  I never sat or laid in the chemical stood the whole four hours and some how the chemical go into my gear.   I took safety shower and though out all gear used.   For three days later it hurt to pee and I still have the chemicals man gave smell in my hands it has been 7days and smells like I am in the chemical   Docs say it is sulfur and it is just a bad smell no harm to me.   Can I get opinions from all of you.   Is it harmful to me
I got chemical burns on the bottoms of both my feet from being in our pool cleaning spots from the floor of the pool.  We had added chemicals to balance the pool water just previously.  After 6 months I have constant pain in the bottom of my toes and ball of feet.
Sonething I touched maybe face product has resulted in stinging burning sensation on face an hands.... Aloe vera like real aloe Vera w out added ingredients ?
Foam formed quadexx 700/ Prisitine, luster c mix
It was Mineral Spirits that spilled on the leg and was rinsed off at work. Because of a recent promotion I was hesitant to say anything for fear of causing any problems and so I left it alone. Several days passed and it continued to get worse until the skin began to crack and split apart. The waiting and not treating it promptly meant that the exposure time was lengthy. I still had to be treated but I was still hesitant because I did not want anyone to find out that it happened at work. So I waited still to my dismay. Now I have lengthy treatments to necrotic skin that I somehow have to figure out without missing work.
pesticid called worwick and tilt
I'VE HAD MY CLOTHES TAINTED BY SOMETHING THAT SMELLED LIKE CARMEL THAT CAUSED A BAD BURNING SENSATION ON MY SKIN AND GAVE ME CHESTPAIN AND HEADACHE. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA OF WHAT IT MIGHT BE.
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions