Children - Special Needs Community
738 Members

Retention Issues with my 8 year old

My 8 year old has a severe learning disability across the board and ADHD. He was diagnosed two years ago and now goes to a special school for learning disabilities. He is now moving along and  Is currently on first grade level.  Our concern is he is not retaining. His teachers are concerned as well. If they teach him  a lesson he can do it but when they go back to it within a couple days they have reteach it. Is there special programs I could do with him over the summer?
Most children with special needs qualify for Extended School Year. My daughter, who has autism, goes to school for free for 3-4 weeks during the summer so that she can retain her schedule and knowledge. She is within the public school district though. Have you brought up this question to the school?
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments