Blotchy, itchy skin

I woke up last night and my foot was itching like crazy. Then my hands started to itch. At first I thought bed bugs because I got bed bugs at my college last year. But then the bottom of my foot was itching too which I found odd. I couldn't sleep forever and it was unbearable. The next day was fine until around 11am. My arms were randomly itching but there was nothing there. I kept feeling a little itchy in random spots. Again, nothing was there. But after a couple minutes I looked back and I was kidding blotchy skin. I watched it and it disappeared. It doesn't welt up or raise off the skin. In some places it does, but is very minor.
   At about 3pm my hands and palms were itching and then I looked at my thighs and saw the condition was there too. Then it got worse and was on the left side of my left arm all the way from the wrist to my armpit. It also tends to be in random spots on my arm.
   I've been researching and have gone everywhere from poison oak/ivy to beer allergy to hives. I thought poison oak/ivy because I happened to walk through a little bit of tress and brush in the dark last night. But the itching didn't start till a couple hours after sleep. I thought beer allergies cuz it was the first time I had beer. I usually just have rum or whiskey or the sort. Then I saw pictures of hives, but rashes don't raise up nearly as bad. However, it's the first day. What could it be?
From the symptoms it can be an allergic reaction, hives or scabies. You can apply an anti-itch cream or lotion to the affected area. Oral antihistamine, such as Benadryl can also be used. You should take a comfortably cool bath and wear smooth-textured cotton clothing. You should choose mild soaps without dyes or perfumes and use a mild, unscented laundry detergent when washing clothes, towels and bedding.

Please take a second opinion from a dermatologist if the symptoms persist. I hope it helps. Take care and regards.