Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.9k Members

Extreme itching and bruising thighs & abdomen

I have had a consistent itch all over my upper thighs since June. It is now December. The itching is all over my thighs (especially inner thighs), buttocks and abdomen. The itching is unrelated to any rashes or bumps. I just have this consistent severe itch that will occur every hour. I have been unable to sleep just over come with the need to itch and itch until I feel the pain go away. Starting around November it became so severe that I formed dark black and blue bruises from the itching (or so I believe from the itching). I have used Aveeno Exzema therapy lotion for a month thinking it is simply dry skin. The itching is moderate with it applied but still irritating. I have gained a bit of weight since the itching began and thought the Itching was in relation to my now forming stretch marks. I am pretty healthy and only 23 years old which makes me wonder why I am gaining weight and itching and have such strong issues. I haven't gone to the doctor yet and am planning on doing so soon. Any help is much appreciated since I have been struggling for months with the same problem.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions