Hard lump on chin

I recently noticed a hard lump under my bottom lip. I tried to hold a hot rag up to it and I applied Differin to the affected area. I haven't seen any results. The skin is very tender and only painful when pressure is applied to it. I have never had a problem like this before so I have no idea what it could be.

I was just wondering what it could be and how I might be able to get rid of it. Thanks, Liam.
From the symptoms it can be a swollen lymph node, sebaceous cyst or a boil. Lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes) is usually caused by a viral or bacterial infection. Other causes include allergic reactions, arthritis, cancer, metabolic diseases, and an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism).

Please get an evaluation done from a dermatologist and get it evaluated. Till that time, apply warm compresses and some topical antiseptics and antibiotic cream.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.