Molluscum & Cryotherapy

Greetings,

I was recently diagnosed with MC in my pubic region--about 2 months ago I noticed while shaving that I cut a tiny bump I hadn't realized was there, it flattened, grew larger and about a month later I knicked it again. I popped the bump and the next day three more developed in a row above it. That same day I went to my gynecologist for a check up and showed her the bumps, which she said looked like MC. She said to wait a month and if it didn't clear up to come back in--since I knew it was contagious I wanted a second opinion. The same day I was lucky enough to get an appointment with a dermatologist, who confirmed the diagnosis and treated the 3 new bumps with liquid nitrogen--the original one couldn't be treated apparently because it was a bit torn up from having popped it. He also gave me a topical anti-inflammatory to put on the original lesion. The following day, the original bump had come to a whitehead that came off after showering--I panicked, put peroxide on it, also tried to get the rest of the pus out with a disinfected needle, put more peroxide on it, showered again being careful to wash the entire area with soap and water, and then put the anti-inflammatory on it and covered it with a band aid. Since then it's gone down to the point where it's no longer clearly noticeable, but is still red and is scabbing over. In the meantime, a few more bumps have popped up. In fact, between early afternoon and late evening three additional, clustered red spots on my bikini line came up and then disappeared; the same thing happened on my stomach. Another 2 or 3 have developed but are still there (it's currently 5 days post-treatment). I've also been taking a lot of vitamin C to boost my immune system in hopes of facilitating the healing process. Does this sound like it's clearing up?

How are the mollusks supposed to appear post-cryotherapy? I know they can become red and irritated (only red in my case) and then scab over, but what does it look like in the meantime? A ton of different websites either don't specify how long it takes to scab or vary between 4-6 days or 2-3 weeks. I'm planning on moving my appointment up two weeks ahead so that I can go in sooner--I'm generally pretty anxious and was recently prescribed anti-anxiety medication, which was about a month after the initial bump. It's possible for anxiety to trigger the development of the virus because it can lower your immune system, correct? I obsess over it a lot of the time and it's going to drive me insane if I have to deal with it for months (or years!).

I'm unsure how I got it. I've had 4 sexual partners in the past 5 years and in the past 3 years I've had sex with only my current boyfriend of well over a year and a half. He doesn't have any signs of MC (both he and I checked closely). I was tested for HIV within the past two years (over a year since the last time I had sex at that time) and was negative--I can't remember if I've been tested since then (if I did have HIV I'd have a lot more lesions, correct?). However, I'm also an EMT-B who has definitely come into contact with patients with MC. Although I always wear gloves when interacting with patients, is this the most likely source (despite it manifesting in an unexposed area)? Is it possible that my boyfriend also has it without expressing it?

Also, I never had the chicken pox but was instead vaccinated for it as a kid. Is it possible that people who never had chicken pox are more susceptible to MC since it's a poxvirus?

Thanks for your time!