Dermatology Community
53.6k Members
Avatar universal

Red Bump on Pelvic area

I think it's just an ingrown hair but it keeps going away then coming back not to long after. I tryed to pop it because its what i nomaly do to get the hair out it had some pus and blood in it but it just made it worse this time and I'm not sure what it is. It's under a scar like tissue but I'm not sure what it is so any ideas?
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
It can be boils or sebaceous cysts. A boil, also referred to as a skin abscess, is a localized infection deep in the skin. A boil generally starts as a reddened, tender area. Over time, the area becomes firm and hard. Eventually, the center of the abscess softens and becomes filled with pus. Finally, the pus "forms a head," which can be surgically opened or spontaneously drain out. A sebaceous cyst is a closed sac occurring just under the skin which contains a "pasty" or "cheesy" looking substance called keratin.

To confirm the diagnosis a dermatologist’s evaluation is required. A course of antibiotics and incision and drainage may be required. Till then apply warm compresses and topical antibiotics like Neosporin on the bump. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist/ urologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions