Skin irritation

Over the past few days, I have started to experience an unusual skin irritation.  It doesn't occur all the time, but mostly occurs when my shirt rubs against my abdomen, which causes a painful sensation.  There is no visible sign of any rash, rednesss, etc.  I use the same detergents to wash my clothes that I always have, and have made no changes to personal hygiene products, like deodorants or soaps, so I can't see it being an kind of allergic reaction.  

The part that I found really strange is that there is nothing visible in the affected area, and if I lift the shirt, and try to re-create the sensation using my hands, including scratching it with my fingernails, it doesn't irritate my skin.  Any ideas?
These symptoms are very obvious before shingles. The first sign is usually a tingling feeling, itchiness, or stabbing pain on the skin. After a few days, a rash appears as a band or patch of raised dots on the side of the trunk or face. The rash develops into small, fluid-filled blisters which begin to dry out and crust over within several days. When the rash is at its peak, symptoms can range from mild itching to extreme and intense pain. The other possibility that can present with such tactile allodynia is fibromyalgia. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.