Endometriosis Community

Low estrogen birth control for severe endo

I have been on depo-provera for 2 years for treatment of stage 4 endometriosis with secondary cpp and ibs. I recently visited my first endometriosis specialist in Vancouver. She told me to talk to my doctor about changing my birth control as i was taking 150mg every 2 months. the risks of bone loss are very high. she also suggested a birth control low in estrogen. a week after my visit with her i made an appt to see my gp. He hadnt received my follow-up notes and didnt have any information to offer me regarding different types of birth control. i didnt even bother trying to address my concerns about the bone loss.what i'm wondering is if anyone can advise a low estrogen birth control, preferably one that stops menstruation alltogether. as for the chronic pain this specialist also advised me to consider taking anti-depressant which helps calm the pain. i really don't like the idea of messing with my head. any advice on that?
Well I have to tell you I was in the same boat and after my surgery I was put on Lupron for 6 months and changed to a low dose pill called Marvelon21.  I have been on it for 4yrs and I am going to say it was a God sent. I take it everyday and have breakthrough bleeding twice a year if that. I also take Wellbutrin XL 150mg daily not the generic either because it is different to help with the depression.  I have to say for me this combo is the best.  I finally have my life back for the most part.  

I understand the messing of your head part.  I dont like being on meds at all but I know I need to be. I have been depressed since I was 14 and I am 34 no.  Since taking these two combos not only has the depression gone away I finally feel so happy with life and I really dont think that I want to come off of these two ever because I would never want to go back to the way I felt back then.  

My hormones will never be normal so I really have no choice.