Behind Left Ear Pain & Sinus Pressure

I am having pain behind my left ear just below that big bone behind the ear.  The pain is  in a very precise location and is like a sharp pain especially when pressure is applied.  I also have been having some sinus pressure along my left cheek bone, headache on the left side and some facial discomfort.  Yesterday I noticed my ear being tender, not really the whole ear but maybe inside if that makes sense.  My neck also hurts on the left side and I just feel really bad.  I went to see my GP last week and he put me on prednisone and pain med... I am no better today and I'm going in to see him again this afternoon.  Any advice?  Could a sinus infection cause the neck pain?  Does this sound anything like mastoiditis to anyone?  Please help, I feel like I'm about to go nuts!
I have a lump behind my ear. In the crease bit if you no what I mean, it's been there a couple days it's so sore can't even sleep  on that side, my bf tried to give it a squeeze but only pus came out and made it even more sore, it hasn't changed in size just in pain... Any ideas thank you