General Health Community

Donating Blood

I'm not sure where this question should go. I mean, no category inside of a category matches close to the question I have.

I had several glasses of water before I donated blood, I also had breakfast that morning. When they put the tube in me, the blood flow was extremely slow. The blood flow stopped several times. They had to move my arm around and the needle. It could have been possible that they punctured throught the other side of the vein moving it in and out? After 10 - 15 min. they quit because of bruising. I guess I am kind of confused. Was the only problem that I might have not taken enough water that morning? If something could have been corrected since they took a bunch of test before, why wasn't I inform? I gave almost a pint away, but since the bag was full, it couldn't be donated. Can you help me out so this won't happen in the future? Thank you.
I feel as though I should correct a sentence above. The bag was NOT full, so therefore, it could not be donated. I would like my donations to be better in the future.