General Health Community

Side effects BP meds

I have been on Benicar 20 and Toprol 50 for 3 years. Recentley I have been experiencing severe neck muscle pain, fatigue, weight gain, cough and arthritis type symptoms. I have been told that my BP meds could be causing this. Is this something that is common with BP meds. I am also on Effexor and occasionaly Trazadone. Please help.
My father in law has similar symptoms and has been adjusting his BP meds for a few years, trying to find the right balance.  I think it's pretty common to have fatigue and other symptoms as side effects (but I'm not a doc, so can't say for sure what you are experiencing).  I hope you can get to the bottom of what is causing the discomfort, and hope you feel better soon.

Also, you might get some info by looking up the drugs in the Health Topics area on this site.  They list many of the side effects and other drug interactions to watch out for.  Here's an example:
http://www.medhelp.org/drugs/Toprol-XL/show/218