Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Disease Community
20k Members

Tachycardia to Atrial Fib ?

I had first incident of tachycardia 33 years ago @200 bpm It was always connected to gas or indigestion.  A doctor told me years ago that it could be brought on by vagal stimulation.  Ablation was suggested - but then we discovered carotid massage would convert heart to normal beats.  Was using this technique until recently &just pressing on carotid until it could be felt to slow.  A few times it didn't work and ER would use Adenocine injection to convert.
A few days ago, I went into tachycardia but ER couldn't' convert - so had to put me out & use electro pads to shock back into normal beats.  
Very stressful.  Already on meds to slow heartbeats & lower blood pressure, but can still kick into overdrive anytime.
Previous episodes always had regular fast beats but this latest episode was called A-fib as. Beats were all over the place.  What next?  Any suggestions?

This discussion is related to Stomach Gas and Arrythmia.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1538184537
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506084164
Netherlands
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.