Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Disease Community
20.1k Members

memory loss due to stroke

i have had a few mini strokes and since then i  have  suffered memory loss ,sometimes i might not recognise people ive known for years.or repeat myself over and over.i have tried to put names to faces i know and cant even remember there surnames even my own sister who has been married for 30 yrs. i have left the oven on and hob on overnight ,what is wrong with me ,ime 53 yrs old.
1 Responses
976897 tn?1379171202
I think you've had a misdiagnosis. A TIA means a clot or narrowing resolves itself before any permanent damage occurs. The problems caused will resolve within 24 hours, and if it lasts longer, then it's classed as a stroke. If you still have memory issues, and your last TIA was over 24 hours ago, then it's a stroke you had which does result in permanent damage. I think they need to do a scan to evaluate if there has been any damage and give the appropriate medication and support.
Have an Answer?
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1538184537
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506084164
Netherlands
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.