Heart Disease Community

memory loss due to stroke

i have had a few mini strokes and since then i  have  suffered memory loss ,sometimes i might not recognise people ive known for years.or repeat myself over and over.i have tried to put names to faces i know and cant even remember there surnames even my own sister who has been married for 30 yrs. i have left the oven on and hob on overnight ,what is wrong with me ,ime 53 yrs old.
I think you've had a misdiagnosis. A TIA means a clot or narrowing resolves itself before any permanent damage occurs. The problems caused will resolve within 24 hours, and if it lasts longer, then it's classed as a stroke. If you still have memory issues, and your last TIA was over 24 hours ago, then it's a stroke you had which does result in permanent damage. I think they need to do a scan to evaluate if there has been any damage and give the appropriate medication and support.