Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
18922456 tn?1469781419

Heart problems misdiagnosed as panic attack?

18 year old female. symptoms are loss of consciousness, body numbness(entire body), blurry vision, shortness of breath, chest/rib pain, pounding heart beat, black outs. my doctors did an ekg and the results were normal and then they gave me a 48 hour heart monitor and they said my heartbeat was fast. when i got a call back they said i was having a panic attack, im wondering if these symptoms could be a result of something else. ive never heard of a panic attack lasting longee than an hour and three of my symptoms last the entire day and have for weeks.
2 Responses
11548417 tn?1506080564
A heart condition would be very rare at your age, consideruing that a EKG has been made.
Did your doctor do some blood tests as well? Shortness of breath, pounding heart beat, black outs could mean that you are a bit anemic.

Take care
Ger
I have something simmilar.

I expiriance some strange heart pain always after a night out. Kind of anxiety and rapid heart beat always after consuming alcohol approx 2...3liter beer and smoking approx 5 cigarets.

In the night am waking up by the relative fast heartbeat approx 100bpm and then the anxiety comes up because you feel your heart pain and I start to worry my heart might fail.

I went to the doctor with it:

- Blood tests ok

- Blood pressure ok

- stress ECG ok

- CT scann of heart also ok

- heart sonar also ok

As you see we went through some effort to check my heart. But we didn't find anything. So how comes I get this rapid heart, the slightly pain in the hesrt, flat breath and this fear?

Michi
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Heart Health Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.