A
A
A
Close
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
7.04k Members

post cryotherapy for genital wart

Hello,
So I am really concerned because I just had a wart frozen on my penis 2 days ago, and A) it looks the same as it did before, and B) there is a reddish burnmark/ skin tissue damage around the wart where the dermatologist also sprayed... This has got me very worried. Are both of these issues normal? Will the reddish burn mark go away? Anything would be helpful.
Thanks so much.
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
There is nothing to worry about as this mark is due to the cryotherapy procedure. Without treatment, this usually takes about 6 months to resolve and for the skin color to go back to its normal color.  

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Top STDs Answerers
3149845 tn?1506631371
fort lauderdale, FL
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.