Aa
A
A
A
Close
Sickle Cell Anemia Community
39 Members

Thalassemia Beta Minor

I am a male 34 years old. I have been diagnosed as a Beta Thalassemia Minor since few years ago. I have always been slightly anaemic (around 10.5-11.5 and 12.5) and as such have been on folic acide as what doctor advise me, my question is: right now i am taking folic acide 5mg? is this the right amount i should take? or i have to reduce like 400mcg instead? whenever i ask my doctor clinic or the hematologist  in the hospital they both  tell me is ok to take 5mg with no explanation, and thats because i told them i have 5mg folic acide in my house should i take that amount? they strightaway say yes is ok...but i just don't feel right about it.. can any real experienced doctor in here advice me? thank you!
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
In this latest Missouri Medicine article, Richard J Weachter, MD, details the pros and cons of new blood thinner drug Dabigatran (Pradaxa).
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else