Sleep Disorders Community

Nocturnal sweats and dizziness

I am experiencing a very troubling situations when I go to sleep. I wake up with my body wet from sweat and a severe feeling of dizziness which might cause fainting if I don't control my breathing. When I wake up from it, I can't breath properly and my heart beats quite fast. All this makes my chest feel heavy and burning. Sometime when this happens the tips of my fingers tingle and get numb. I am working a lot and I am a dancer, and these attacks are making me feel energy less and tired the morning after. What could be wrong with me? could it be any vitamin deficiencies?
Thanks..
B.
Infections like sinusitis, pharyngitis, or other upper respiratory infections are an important cause of night sweats. Other causes include tuberculosis, bacterial infections, abscesses, osteomyelitis, hormone disorders like carcinoid syndrome and hypothyroidism, hypoglycemia (low blood glucose) and some neurologic conditions like strokes, autonomic neuropathy. Medications like aspirin, acetaminophen, niacin, tamoxifen and Viagra can sometimes cause night sweats.

Keeping the bedroom cool can help with night sweats. Also, keeping ice water and a fan by the bed will help ease any episodes you get. Exercise can help with night sweats as well. Exercise raises endorphin levels, aids the hypothalamus, and decreases LH and FSH - all of which helps you avoid night sweats. Try to be stress and anxiety free before going to bed.
In case the symptoms worsen then get your thyroid hormones evaluated and consult a physician.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Healing home remedies for common ailments
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.