Urology Community

Thickening of the scrotal wall and dull pain in testicles

I went to the ER about a month ago complaining of scrotal swelling. The swelling had started 2 days ago, a day after I had been to a concert and had a wedgie for a few hours that I THOUGHT at the same had caused the swelling. There was no erythema or warmth to the testicles, no discharge or dysuria. My physical exam showed there was inferior posterior scrotal edema. Testicles were normal size without mass. An ultrasound was ordered and showed a localized inferior scrotal wall thickening with no testicular mass. I was ordered to wear loosefitting boxers for the next 5days while the swelling goes down.

Unfortunately the swelling did not go down and as I got more panicked about what could be wrong with me I started to notice a dull pain in my right testicle. I'm not sure if this was brought on by imagined fears of testicular cancer or what. Does anybody know what this could be? Could it be serious? I have more information - I just got my medical records today from the hospital and I scheduled an appointment with my physician.