Veins Growing Since Childhood

Good day,

I've had this medical problem since childhood only I know about. The veins on my body, especially legs and face always bulge whenever I do something stressful, after a long day's work, walking under the sun, etc. I sometimes feel very weak whenever this happens. it's highly discomforting, and I've been to doctors who think it's something very normal. The veins were tiny when I was younger, but they are getting bigger now, and I'm getting worried. I can feel the veins all over my head because of the pulses, and they ache. I have headaches a lot and take lot of paracetamols. I'm out of shape because I'm don't exercise. I used to partake in sporting activities, but stopped because I get extremely weak afterwards, and I'm scared I could collapse. Please what do you advise?
There are 2 conditions that can cause these problems. Iliac Vein Compression (May-Thurner Syndrome) and Renal Vein Compression (Nutcracker Syndrome). Both can cause vericose veins and due to increased compression will worsen with age. They also cause exercise intolerance and weakness due to blood being blocked at these sites and having to take other veins around and back to the heart. If you want more info or have any questions private message me I'm glad to help.

You are reading content posted in the Varicose Veins Community

Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
In this latest Missouri Medicine article, Richard J Weachter, MD, details the pros and cons of new blood thinner drug Dabigatran (Pradaxa).
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else