von Willebrand Disease Community
32 Members

Von Willebrand and Fibromyalgia

So another topic I have been trying find people in the same predicament (sp) as me.  I was diagnosed with von Willibreand disease recently.  For those that don't know it is a bleeding disorder.  Not long after that I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.  So here is my issue.  With the von Willibrand I can not take anti-inflamitories.  I have 4 children at home so I do not like taking certain pain meds.  What kinds of things does everyone use to help with painful flare ups.  I have a heating pad but that only does so much.

I look forward to hearing all of your reccommendations
I have vwd 2a and although I cant take most anti inflammatories when I went to hospital with a nasty shoulder tear they gave me arthrotec which is an anti-inflam but with a special ingredient to protect your stomach lining. I'm in the UK though so realise things are different in other countries
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
In this latest Missouri Medicine article, Richard J Weachter, MD, details the pros and cons of new blood thinner drug Dabigatran (Pradaxa).
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else