Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Addiction: Living with an Addict Community

WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION: LIVING WITH AN ADDICT COMMUNITY. This patient support community is for family members and loved ones of people who are substance abuse addicts. Discussions cover how to help your loved one, enabling, coping with the emotional impact of addiction, intervention, and when to seek medical help. If you are not a family member of a substance abuse addict and instead need help with your addiction, please visit our Addiction: Substance Abuse Community to get the support you need.

1 - 20 (of 1691) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I hope I am in the right place. Okay. My husband was a meth user, pot user and drinker all throughout his 20's. Apparently, he just stopped back in the day so he says. I wasn't around then. We married six years ago, and the drug use...
  Posted
I have an 18 year old son. He tried to overdose last night. He is n a 72 hour watch as of now.He is also violent and unstable and an addict.I need to get him in rehab to get him help can I go to the court house to be able to get a judge ...
  Posted
My husband and I have been together for 11 years, we were and are still young. He is a recovering heroin addict and still relapses with pills occasionally (more often I am comfortable with). We have had quite the rollercoaster in the l...
  Posted
5 years ago i married the man i have been in love with all life. He had a hard childhood, been thru prison, drugs, a life of struggles, the total opposite of how i grew up. But we loved eachother. We have a 10 and 1 yr old. My husband b...
  Posted
17898435 tn?1461538877
Hi, this is my first question. I found this site while desperately searching for some miracle solution to my problem, but alas, I don't think it's something that exists. I have been with my partner for around a year and a half. I love...
  Posted
My wife is prescribed adderall and tramadol both. She also has a RX for oxycodone every three months. Her adderall script is 10 mg IR 3 times a day. She goes through this in 2 weeks, so she is basically doubling her dose. After she is do...
  Posted
He once was a gambler. We split, but years later got back together, once he'd finally given it away. Now I'm concerned it's transferred to smoking. The smoking creates a distance, a constant pull away from us, his family. Our daughter is...
  Posted
3060903 tn?1398568723
FDA News Release (Food and Drug Administration) FDA moves quickly to approve easy-to-use nasal spray to treat opioid overdose Naloxone in nasal spray form provides important new alternative for family members, first responders
  Posted
Mark
  Posted
My girlfriend has struggled with heroin and alcohol for about 5 years now....on and off. She got clean last year but was unable to finish treatment due to family issues, so it wasn't long before she was using again. NOW she has spent the...
  Posted
My son 30 and addicted to heroin and homeless is there any help in Belvidere IL that is safe so he is not on the streets and cold and hungry
  Posted
It took me along time to figure out my husband has a drug problem.... When I did I thought it was just pills well turns out it's heroin and cocaine... We have lost our house because of his drug use and lies... I love him but scared he ma...
  Posted
Not really a question, but I wanted to share my story to see if anyone has experienced similar events due to adult adderall abuse: My sister, who is a divorced, 39 year old has completely destroyed our family due to her addiction and...
  Posted
Hello, I am a mother of an 18 year old daughter who is addicted to heroin. She, like many others, started out on oxycontin. When she became immune to the higher doses of oxy., she started snorting heroin. Of course, I had no idea...
  Posted
My two oldest sons are heroin addicts and my youngest is engaging in use, but not an addict. The oldest ones are 30 and 31, both have children. We have been lied to for years, stolen from and used. One son and his girlfriend have lost...
  Posted
My son has been addicted to drugs for quite some time. Mainly cocaine and pills. I have kicked him out of the house after drug testing him. I told him either rehab or find somewhere else to go. He does not think he has a problem and tell...
  Posted
After two years of questioning my husband about our finances, late payments, negative credit and inability to save money he admitted to "spending money" on pills 3 months ago. He has yet to accept that he has an addiction. I have bee...
  Posted
I've been separated from my husband for 4 months now, in hopes that he would realize that he could loose the kids and myself and straighten up. He's not taking pills anymore, he's on suboxine. I feel like the suboxine is like a crutch fo...
  Posted
Does anyone feel as alone as I do? My husband spent 2 weeks in ICU after a COPD exacerbation. He is starting to smoke again. Even though he knows it almost died, he has started sneaking around again. He lies to me. I need support as the ...
  Posted
I am looking for a support group/chat room for spouses of opiate users, My husband has been addicted since I have known him. I thought it was just a phaze, but its been 8 years, we have 3 children, and I am honestly at a loss, I don't k...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Living with an Addict Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...