Aa
A
A
Close

Holistic Care For Pets Forum

This forum is for pet health questions regarding Holistic Care. Questions will be answered by a veterinarian.

1 - 20 (of 63) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
instead of using someting like frontline poison what can be used to fight fleas
theia922 | Last answer
Is it possible for a female dog to get a yeast infection? She has been licking herself more than usual and I noticed she left a brownish discharge after sitting on a blanket. She doesn't whine or seem uncomfortable and is just as activ...
lakeontario | Last answer
My dog has Kidney failure. The vet put him on a few drugs and his kidney fiction kept going down. So he suggested that i put him on Azodyl and Epakitin. He has been on both since December. Since starting him on those 2, he has had a ...
pbkwfl | Last answer
Elevated liver enzymes were found during a routine blood chem of my dog at 18 months of age. She had an ultra sound which was inconclusve, followed by a laparascopic liver biopsy. The tissue was sent out for evaluation and returned sho...
Slygate | Last answer
I'm having a hard time giving LittleBit the azodyl caps. What is the reason for not being able to open the caps and mixing it with her food, or dissolving it in water and use an eye dropper. This would be the ideal way for me to give he...
mike57188 | Last answer
Our dog is very excitable. We adopted her from a shelter. We are working on training of course but I think she could use a little help for awhile to make training more effective. What do you think about 5-htp?
Dana56 | Last answer
My dog Abbie is in kidney failure and the vet presribed the following after 24 hours on IV: Azodyl - 2 caps AM & 1 cap PM, Fortekor lavour tab 5mg 1/2 tab every 24 hrs., epakitin 150 g - 2 scoops on food 2X daily. I have also consul...
parrot07 | Last answer
Well Shug is our baby, our life. We are not ready to give up this fight. My question is is she getting all of the help available? We have searched the web for other supplements. Just not sure what to try. There are so many opinions about...
shugsmom | Last answer
You suggested using Melatonin (1 mg) to keep my cat calm during a haircut. I have Melatonin but it also has Niacin (100mg), Vitamin B6 (5mg), and Magnesium (40mg). Are these safe for the cat?
dfenwickia | Last answer
My dog Dizzy showing signs of Cushings she drinks a lot, is not as frisky as she was, has a hard pot belly and a bald patch on her tail these physical signs and the blood test lead my vet to strongly suspect Cushings and he has suggested...
lizi07 | Last answer
Hi, my vet prescribed Azodyl. An herbalist recommended several things I mix with her food: Dandelion, echinacea, neem, Burdock Root, Eleuthero, astragalus, ginger, nettles, oregon grape root, probiotic blend, alfalfa, gotu kola, chia s...
cynthiam55 | Last answer
Can anyone recommend any good natural remedies for arthritis in small dogs. My dog is on two arthritis medications Novox and Tramadol and I would like to replace them with more natural remedies.
GravesChick | Last answer
Our 2-year old retriever was diagnosed with 2M in November 2009 and has been on predisone ever since. This has greatly affected his immune system and he has been susceptible to various infections. Our goal is to get him off the prediso...
bear2010 | Last answer
I left the azodyl out for twelve hours accidentally. Is it still good?
trish1959 | Last answer
can Activia probiotic yoghurt be used instead of Azodyl capsules as an effective substitute? How much should I use in place of as well? Also where can I purchase small empty capsules? these questions are based on previous comments a...
tricia307 | Last answer
1341923_tn?1276130446
I am interested in finding a natural organic food diet for my dog to supplement his current diet of Science Diet K/D. He was diagnosed about a year ago and is still considered to be in the early stages of the disease. Can you recommend...
italiangrey | Last answer
We are using Azodyl with good results, as evidenced by improved lab results. My question is the size of the capsule: a smaller capsule would be easier for a small animal to swallow. A coated pill, with the medication compressed, would...
AzaleaLover | Last answer
My 9 year old mix breed terrier has been constantly itching, biting and licking for about 8 months. Although she's always had an excellent dry-foods diet her life, she does not get much, if any raw meat (i'm a veg, so it's just not some...
sparkyskevin | Last answer
My dog has hip displaysia and arthritis in his spine. I started him on DGP pills in the beginning of March. They have been a miracle drug. He's reduced his ascription to 1 evey 4 or 5 days and can actually walk some on his own now. Last ...
micwilliamsjm | Last answer
i have a male singaporean turtle,it use to thrive on grapes,n sometimes its on turtle food,we gave it a milk chocolate n after eating it , he has stopped eating food,it excretes ,but doesnt eat food. please help
siddhi20 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now