My boyfriend just home from rehab no sex drive
my boyfriend just came home from rehab and has drank for 15 years he has no sex drive and im wondering if its me he says he thinks his body is just going thru something how long should it take for him to get his sex drive back and is this normal?
I went through the same thing and from guys I've spoken with I can tell you I'm not the only one.  The body and brain go through a lot of changes so give it time.  Everybody is different so I can't say how long it should take.  Just give him some time to work on staying sober.  That's the most important thing right now.  Good luck!!!
I think it's normal. I drank for the better part of 20 years and I now that I've been sober for 11 months I realize that I am completely different than I was before when I was drinking. Think of it as your head and body getting rewired and the person needing time to get used to it themselves. Try not to take it personally and try to be supportive of his sobriety. If you can talk about it, ask him how he's feeling. He may be confused about it as well. Best of luck to both of you.
i think that lboogie7729 and punkinhead75 could not have said it better... I would bet my left arm (and i m a leftie.... :) what is going on with your boyfriend is absolutely normal in the context you are giving, so please as the two members are saying, dont or try (i know it can be hard) not to take it personally. the main focus right now should be his sobriety. i wish you two a beautiful story together... and if you two could get some kind of outside perspective (i.e. therapy, group therapy,... might be a plus...) best of luck to you two,

nikita

i have been with my boyfriend for 1 year and a half...and as soon as he got comfotable in our relationship his sex drive went to zero it has been a year since we had good sex...I bug him alll the time!! just this morning he said please don't take it personal..i am not doing drugs anymore and i need some time...that he is concentrating on getting our lives together with work and accomplishing building a business in carpentry.....Then after he left the room i went to the internet for help and came upon here....I feel like someone understands me...I can't beleive that he could be telling me the truth...I seriously thought i had been dooped....my self esteme is soo low right now becuase of it..thank you guys for giving me a little hope that my relationship will work out afterall and that he could love me...