Addiction: Alcohol/Drug Rehab Community
Tylenol 1 addiction

Drug or alcohol addiction can be a difficult thing to recover from as your body becomes physically dependant on these substances. Discuss topics including alcohol/drug rehab centers or programs, share rehab stories and offer support, and long term recovery post-rehab.

Tylenol 1 addiction

I'm addicted to Tylenol 1's (the otc ones with 8MG codeine and acetaminophen etc)
it started out small, a few a day get high go about my day and repeat the next day, now its become a massive problem, growing from 4-5 a day to 12-15 when I get up, 15 later on, and more if I want and my insides feel disgusting
I've tried not taking any just to quit and my brain goes nuts, my mind races ( I have ADHD ) I can't stop thinking and I can't concentrate, I can't focus, then after awhile my thoughts drift to "whens my next high, how many should I take" I don't keep it a secret at all but.. I don't know what to do.. theres times where I stop and I make it to about 3-4 days without anything but the headaches I get from it.. are so bad I vomit, I cry, I can't sleep or eat and my body kills
Please.. someone tell me what to do.. I'm scared
hello and welcome. i am glad that you want to get off the pills. it is possible. try to relax. there are things to do to help alleviate the symptoms. the acute physical symptoms  will last 3-7 days. the headaches you are experiencing are called rebound headaches. the main concern is the amounts of tylenol you are taking. the recommended dosage is 4000mgs a day. how long have you been taking it?
it is probably best if you taper and take less each day. do you have someone who could hold the pills for you?
you will have to treat the withdrawal symptoms so you have some relief.
have you considered therapy?
sending support,encouragement and prayers,
debbie
Yeah i've been hooked on good old over the counter codeine. It's a nasty withdrawal. You'll get through it. Please know that you might try looking at other drugs to replace this one. Don't make the mistake of going on the merry go round of pills that any hack would give you. Please respect your life more than that and get clean and stay clean!!! And be proud of yourself every step of the way!! We're rooting for you to succeed!! Post everyday, one day at a time, best to get a big book of one from N.A. and keep it around. Go to meetings.  Pharmaceuticals can be just as dangerous as street drugs. I'm happy to hear that you are taking this seriously. Keep posting and we'll be here for you! May the angels watch over you!!