addict
i take prescribed pain meds and do not have a problem with them but I have chronic pain. does that make me an addict?
Hi Trikks,

I guess the easiest way to answer that is...... Do you find yourself counting the number of pills you have left prior to your next scheduled refill?
If you don't abuse your prescription , and the prescription is conservative, then you are not an addict, although you may be dependent on a narcotic and experience withdrawal if you were to have to stop them without tapering. Many times people continue on pain meds, when they could be tapering off and trying physio therapy to try to strengthen an affected area of their body. I think that a person owes it to themselves to try to manage their pain drug free. Just as I believe that a diabetic should try to reverse their disease with nutrition. All meds have side effects, over time and clean and sober is always optimum.
No thank God I don't do that. I usually have meds left when it is time for a refill.
Yes I agree thanks for the support