Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Legal Action against the makers of ultram/tramadol?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Has there ever been any legal action taken against the makers of Ultram/Tramadol for false representation of its addictive properties in their prescribing information? All the Drs I have talked to say it is not addictive based on what they have been told by the drug company although it clearly acts as an opiate and therefore must be physically addictive. I find it hard to believe that with all the posts here and in other places that the company doesn't know the truth.
If you read the information from the pharmasutical company the insert that the pharmacy give you it says in black and white that it can be habit forming that it is not suitable for persons with opiate addictions and if you take it for any prolonged time there can be withdrawals .That's is why they don't get sued .The issue here is the doctors are not properly informed about it (well some ) I have had a number of doctors that refused to prescribe it because of its addicting nature.