Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Neurontin

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Neurontin

Can anyone give me information on the use of Neurontin or Gabapentin use for moodswings and sleep after getting off of fioricet?  Does it help?  I seem to be depresses and can't eat or sleep and moods are swinging from pillar to post...any input would be appreciated,

Jan
Neurontin is a very serious medicine.  It can be used for seizures and for treatment for nerve pain, fibromyalgia and the like.  It is something that has to be tapered down or you run the risk of seizure.  I was on it for a short time for nerve pain, but I couldn't tolerate the side effects.  If you are having trouble with it, call your doctor and let them know and they'll take you off it the best way.