Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Oxycontin Relapse?
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Oxycontin Relapse?

My husband just went through home detox. It's been a week now. The first 4 days were the worst. He's not anywhere near the way he used to be, but at least he's not having all the horrible side effects anymore (diarrhea, cramping, hot/cold sweats, twitching, etc). It was so hard watching him go through that, but I'm so proud of him! He did it all by himself. He didn't wean himself off oxy either; he just stopped cold-turkey and didn't take anything to help (like Methadone). He just suffered his way through it. He's taking detoxifying capsules (all natural) to cleanse his lungs, kidneys, liver, blood, and colon and all natural sleeping capsules to sleep at night. He also took a bath using epsom salts and he said he felt relaxed and less achy when he was done. He's also going to NA meetings 3 times/week. I just want him to get better and my greatest fear is that he's going to relapse. Sometimes when I ask if he's really done with oxy, he says he's not sure what the future holds. This really freaks me out! I know I can't prevent it if it's going to happen, but I'm so scared it's going to happen and ruin my life and the kids' lives again, too. How do I get past this constant worry?