Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Sober Mind Free from methadone at last Poem for Inspiration

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I know some of you have been following my posts for a while, I have been an opiate addict for over 5 years of my life and lost many things and lied to many people.   I started a methadone program thinking it would help me and it did but not in the way I thought.  The Methadone brought me to my rock bottom faster and made me start to want to live a life free from all of the lies and manipulation and everything.   Last week I aquired some suboxone through Illegal means and only purchased enought to do a small 5 day taper, first 8 mg then 4, then I stayed at 4 and then went to two, and so on until I was down to nothing, I had no W/D symptomes what so ever,  

Before I started the SUbs I was down to 15 mg/ day on methadone and skipped my dose a day before I tried the Sub, I started with 4 mg but it was not enough and I thought I might go into Precipitated W/D so I took another 4 MGs and then I felt fine, the next day I went down to 4 and same thing, I felt fine............  I would not suggest doing what I did if you are on Methadone but I know that in my situation it was that or be stuck on a Legal Addiction for the rest of my life, and I was not going to let myself become just a Number in a system that give me a little cup of pink Liquid, and my life revolves around that dose every day for the rest of my life,  NO I WILL NOT LIVE THAT WAY!!!!

Today is my first day since I stopped taking anything and I have no W/D symptoms what so ever, its as if God Blessed me with Happy Heart and a bright spirit to share,  I had a very huge awakening and closeness with God today and I was so emotional I had to write a Poem about my experience, I hope others can read this Poem and relate>:

"Dice with the Devil"

Many roads I have traveled
Many questions I have unraveled
I once drowned in my own tears only to wake up alone
Alone in my solitude of shame and guilt

Alone I went and rolled the dice
One was the Devil and the other Christ
I lost the bet went on to live my life
Always alone, lost in darkness looking for light

Alone again I rolled the dice
This time one was Wrong and the other was Right
Alone I was when I hit the ground
I looked for Strength but none was found
Lost of sight and deaf to sound

I opened my eyes and slowly woke
Looking up at a man who smiled and spoke:
“My Son, I have these dice for you to throw
and then an answer that you need to know”

Again I rolled the dice but was not alone
Down I looked but no answer was shown
The man just smiled and slowly said:
“I give you Gods love not left to chance
Never again must you step to the devils dance”

Again I woke this time with a Poem
Loved by knowing that I was never truly alone
Tags: sober, Want to be soberion, methadone, Suboxone, Suboxonen, Recovery, NA, Opiates, doxycyclineontin, HEROIN