Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Tried to stop several times, not working

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Hi, I have been on lortab for the last 3 years.  I have attempted to quit several times.  I make it through the physical withdrawals which are tough.  My legs really hurt and it feels like a sprained groin muscle.  Is this normal? The reason I went on the them was because of back surgery.
The psychological withdrawal is the worst.  I get depressed and can't stop crying.  This is what has me go back.  Any suggestions on how to get through the psychological withdrawal?  I can;t keep doing this.
Have you started any kind of aftercare?  And no, I don't think the groin thing is associated with WD.  I'd ask a doc if it's bothering you really bad.  

Check out a meeting or look for a therapist or pastor you can talk to.  It will do you a world of good!