Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Withdrawal Syndrome +Klonopin

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Withdrawal Syndrome +Klonopin

I have been on 1mg of Clozanapam nightly for approximately six months.  Last month I cut the dose in half with a few manageable discontinuation effects so I felt that I would comfortably be able to distcontinue altogether.  Last Wednesday I didn't take my nightly dose and was seemingly fine until Saturday when things started falling apart.  By Monday I was experiencing full-on panic, irregular heart beat, extreme irritability, along with a myriad of other withdrawal symptoms.  I quickly took 1/2 mg. in hopes that it would alleviate the withdrawal and I could begin a much slower taper.  It has been three days and, at night (when my body is used to getting dosed) the panic and heart palpitations are still there.  How long should I expect that to continue as my body gets used to having the drug back in my system?
hi, i also was on klonopin for about 3 yrs..I never abused it and got off c/t...What a mistake..I have never felt so bad in my life..it lasted about 16 staight days...It probably would of lasted longer if the doctor would not have put me on lexapro...I did not know about withdrawals yrs ago when i just got off....Only to find out later i could of died..Klonopin is very addicting, and for some reason no other benzo makes w/d' s go away...At least not for me..PLEASE talk to you doctor about a plan, this can be life-threathening..
hope this helps
r2r