Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Withdrawing on Suboxone with kratom day 66

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I am 23 yrs old Took Suboxone originaly when i was 20 to get off vikes 8MG was very strong even 2MGs of it were strong. Suboxone took the vicodin withdrawls away and i got stuck in suboxone asking my self every other 3 months  should i still be taking this why do i still feel like crap everymorning?? i tryed to quit it around 21 yrs old and went 6 days i felt withdrawls that no person on earth should feel i ended up relapsing to harder opiates due to the tolarance it gave me. put every one through hell and back i just want to be me again and feel free and not need anything i feel restless sleepless body aches reminds me when i first tryed to quit it. i take the kratom and perscribed 2MG kalanopin and start feeling better after 1 hr and a half. is there going to be better days? like how much more can this last still depressed but have everything laid out in front of me and do not have the motavation to get moving like i did when i was on suboxone. please some one tell me what steps to take any advice would be goood i tryed my best to describe not feeling to good. God Bless!
Tags: SUBOXONE KRATOM VICODIN ADVICE, withdrawl
Hi Amg, So you are on the klonapin and kramtom now , but not subs right? The klonipin (klonopin) is a moderate dose and you'll have to slowly wean from that. I am sure the kratom is easing the sub w/d, but again thats another thing you will have to ease off of. Do you have support at home thru family members or your Dr.? I was much like you and tried to find the easiest pain free way out of this addiction hole. No matter how you look at it, there will be w/d's to some level. Are you taking a good multi vitamin? I found getting back to basics in the nutrition dept. was the beat thing I ever did. Push thru the detox blahs and concentrate on feeding your body the good nutrition it needs. You can get thru this, it will just take time. Keep posting for support and advice. You've done the first best step.
You are on a merry-go-round of trying to avoid the inevitable--withdrawal. It's very sad. Been there, done that and it never turned out well.

What are you going to take to get off of the Kratom?
Withdrawals are going to happen no matter what.  That part is only temporary.  The roller coaster you are on right now is much harder than the wd's.
From my research kratom withdrawls are nothing. So im going with the hope of god of easy kratom withdrawl (withdrawal)
The only thing i am afraid of is not getting my energy and motivation back i was born energetic and a fun kid and always outgoing i have family that supports me and a girlfriend that also supports me and they are giving me the time i need this just ***** not knowing when you start feeling better??  there is days where i tell my self i am not weak will do 100-200 push ups a day there is days where when i wake up its so bad teary eyes depressed restless it ***** . i mean day 67 come on...this ***** so bad i am not to worried of kalanopin withdrawl (withdrawal) as in now. i just cant belive how unmotivated i feel like i said i have a  path in front of me i realise it but i just feel very unmotivated still get shivers and feel hot and cold. i take no more then 4 Grams a day of kratom as in now. i was taking more at first. it does help alot but its very expensive it *****.
sorry the word blocked out is the word (s.u-c k s!)
i dont feel that i am in a roller coster if i am not taking the suboxone or any opiates, i am eating healthy. able to work out a little. its just the process of suboxone withdrawl (withdrawal) can be very long i guess??? its not like im feeling good in a roller coster. i am taking kratom to ease withdrawls and feel no effect of it accept of the fact it takes the uncomfortable restless feeling go away. but still does not give any motivation to me like they say it does. just feel that it helps out
stop the kratom and take natural otc things for restless feelings.
the kratom is only making the malise and the detox longer. take valerian root helps with anxiety and restlessness.
how far down did you taper from the subs?
diet high in protein, lots of fruits and veggies, lots of fluids.
continue to exercise, drink protein shakes. magnesium/potassium/calcium supplement.hot baths with epsom salts is great for your muscles and relaxation.
time will be your healer.
are you attending counseling and/or support groups to prevent relapse?
the kratom is a mild thing.....ran into it in 1969 through the Vietnam experience. The largest problem that I see with it is the lack of regulations No FDA in SouthEast asia. . I actually know of one person that experienced multiple organ failure from a pesticide/herbicide that was on the leaf. Thats a major problem. Try to stick to the extracts to mitigate this circumstance.......But Sara and Kleen are also correct in that there are no easy passes for this situation. At some point in the future there will be some discomfort of some type and duration. I would suggest the amino acid protocols as found in the medhelp archives - some of the amino's are good for energy while others are even good for anxiety. And good luck!
Right now i am taking mang da kratom only. at least 10 capsules a day. do you know if kratom has withdrawls and how bad? and trust me i know that its not some walk in the park and i can sneak my way through the withdrawls but if any one knows how terrible they are know what im talking about. its he.l.l.! and im hopeing kratom withdrawl (withdrawal) is nothing like it. but what my main concern is. does the suboxone withdrawl (withdrawal) lengh last the same for every one? from what i hear 90 days. im nearly close. i guess ill know then. i just find it akword to still feel skin crawls hot and cold and no motivation at 67 days. starting to realize that this is the end of the opiates for me. Suboxone did get me out. but made everything worse and long term and can lead to heavyer drugs if you cant stand the withdrawl (withdrawal) like me every one is different. thx for the advice! god bless!
The kolonopin may be making you feel unmotivated. I'm having my own problems right now with benzos but I'm taking them for stress. What I do know is they are DOWNERS! I took one more than usual last night and all I want to do is to go to sleep today. I'm at work but sure as hell don't want to be, and really don't want to go to school tonight. I'm about to start tapering. FYI: I've been tapering off suboxone for over a year. I'm down to .6mg - yeah I know...and it still hurts. *****. Anyway, also on xanax (2mg every night). These were not prescribed by my dr. I started taking them to stop drinking. Like everyone else is saying I'm doing just as you - avoiding the withdrawal. I've been there and never want to go back, but WE are going to have to it looks like. :-( I have a question of my own and will probably be posting...my dr. prescribed me Paxil for anxiety which I know most people think of as an anti-depressant, but for me it really really helped with anxiety (that was when I was clean). Now that I'm going to start tapering from the xanax will the Paxil help? Should I increase a little? Would it help other ppl. trying to taper from benzos?

Anyway....back to you, keep me/us informed. I'd like to know if you develop some wisdom on the matter of benzo withdrawals b/c I'm about to start...but seriously they could be your motivation problem. I can't believe no one else has said that yet!
thanks for the advice i taperd down  every other month to 2MG from 8MG. took it in the mornings or when ever i woke up every day ones a day. and every day i wake up feels very horrible. till kratom kicks in. just the same way when i was on suboxone felt horible  when i woke up till the suboxone kicked in. i am lacking in proper diet and lacking in vitamins. but im thankful that i can eat from the kratom and have gained 10 pounds sense i started tapering down suboxone 155 to 165.
I've never heard of this "kratom" - is this in the US? From a Dr, the streets, or over the counter? Just curious.
Be sure you up your protein. If your appetite isn't quite there drink a protien drink each morning. Hopefully more will be along with more knowledge on kratom w/d. Keep moving forward, you'll get there :))
What are your plans after you get thru all the wd's?
Wikkapidia it Kratom it will tell you every thing about it.
I Cant describe how many plans i got all i need them to do is all go away...suboxone withdrawl (withdrawal) no joke!
There's not a lot of research on Kratom. Physicians liken the wd's to morphine but users say its purely psychological...It does hit opiate receptors in the brain so I'll bet there are significant wd's.

I think your dose is on the high end though so have you thought about cutting back a little?  The high doses cause lethargy among other things...
Best way i learned to tapper off benzos is to get to the lowest amount as posible a day i dropped from 6MG to 4MG no problem...wich benzo you take you said xanax??
I am cutting down on the kratom. but the thing is you have to take high dosages for it to work. so its a little hard to work with i thought some one might have some info or went through the same situation. that would help. it would help to know how long do suboxone withdrawals last. ill keep yall posted. all i know is you cant get off suboxone with out support and with out family & loved ones understanding. and suboxone shouldnt be used longer then 4 days!
I am talking about the mental part of this addiction.  Are you going to do anything with aftercare?
If you can say when you stopped the Suboxone and what dose you stopped with, we might be able to give you a rough timeline. The thing is, it's different for everyone. And now you're on Kratom which complicates how you're going to do because those receptors are still covered...
i stopped suboxone roughly 2 months and 7 days ago. I Weened my self to 2MG a day after taking it for a year basicly. so yea still feel bad withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms it just dont make sense.
I know it takes some people a while to get past the wd's after being on sub, like you sometimes 2-3 months. Others are wd free...A lot depends on what opiate you were on, how much, how long...there are many factors...

What are the symptoms you're having? Do you think those can be treated with OTC's so you an drop the Kratom?  Using Kratom is just perpetuating that addict behaviour...I know you don't want to hear that but seriously, you're not going to get anywhere doing it this way...you know?

Would you read the Health Pages here? Read the articles on the Thomas Recipe, Amino Acid protocol, and foods that increase dopamine...

I know you want to hear from some Kratom users but currently I doubt that there are any...
I Feel like i cant fully drop the kratom yet vicki only reason i have made it through suboxone w/d this far is because of kratom. i think that i still am withdrawling from suboxone 100%...symptoms are restless runny eyes burning feeling skin...hot and colds... very uncumftable ...anger...depression.. bone aches.....etc
oh and  i was on roxycodone , opanas, and oxys when they made the real ones, what ever came first. (snorted them)
those withdrawls should be long gone. from being on suboxone for a year and a half.
Those symptoms are pretty acute, I agree. Although, if you went from the Sub straight to Kratom, that would explain the symptoms. The Kratom covers the receptors but not 100% so...you'll feel wd's and they'll be prolonged because the Kratom is preventing you from completely going through the process of withdrawal. You're kind of half on and half off...that's why it's a merry go round...

You need to make a decision about wd's and open your head to the fact that you have to go through them if you want to be drug free.  I think that's the only way...otherwise you'll be here a year from now...I'd hate to see that happen...
You Make a very good point...i have been notecing a difference now i feel suboxone withdrawl (withdrawal) a little bit more harsh then usual and idk if its because i have been taking less kratom then usual in the past few days i been trying to ween off a little?? any i really feel that suboxone has brought me this far. i dont think its to wise to just quit and feel harsher withdrawls :/
Anyway i feel kratom has brought me this far*
At some point you will have to go through withdrawal. The Kratom is preventing total detox. You can keep feeling so, so and in prolonged withdrawal or stop the Kratom go through more severe w/d for 3-5 days then really start healing. Why don't you bite the bullet and go for it?
Healthy diet, amino acids. Exercise and time......
Can you please explain....i dont understand how its preventing full detox...like its not even a drug??? its organic..and have not found 1 person complain about withdrawls of it. i just really think suboxone withdrawl (withdrawal) is that bad. and i feel like kratom it just bypasses through withdrawl (withdrawal) but i sure will let you guys know keep you updated...any advice ill take. thanks god i am feeling little better today. Mornings are the worse from when i wake up till kratom kicks in i feel full effect suboxone withdrawls every morning no doubt. well see in about a week. atleast i know that suboxone is at least 3 months of withdrawl (withdrawal). so hopefully on gods hands it will get better and i will not need kratom. cause i hate taking it just as much as i hated taking suboxone. i have felt some grimey withdrawls when i first tryed to get of suboxone with out anything. i dont wish that on any one. godbless. any OTC stuff that can help? whats a good multi vitamin. i been taking centrum multivitamin and vitamin d3
have you ever had kratom withdrawl (withdrawal)?
where are you getting that it takes months to get clean from sub? i understand the taper, no problem....the meds stay in the system for less than 40hr for most people, and for some to say it's bad wd compared to taking narcs, are taking too much sub, and the withdrawl (withdrawal) from a low dose
sub should be minimal, nothing major, mabe some light runs to the bathroom....light aches to the body....i suggest to taper off one thing and when finished with that, taper off the second one, i think you're going back and forth between the 2 as a crutch....i think you are in a better position then you were 30 days ago. as for the kraotom my understanding is similar to taking narcs and you mabe unintentionaly making it harder to stop what you are doing.
Yeah, xanax...I know...
I read up on the Kratom and some more of your posts - holy crap - you seriously think your still going through sub wds after 2 months!?!?!?! OMG not what I wanted to hear :-( See posts (questions) and you'll understand. I'm down to crumbs - .67mg suboxone per day and still tapering. I don't see how people jump at 2mg and feel "hardly any wds". I've been under 2mg since around Dec. 1 and stilllllllllll tappppppperrrrrringgggggg......I know we have to go through wds just like everyone keeps saying but it would be nice if they were minimum so I (we) could still work, go to school, live, etc. P.S. I have 2 wks. before I jump off the subs.
Sounds like methadone! I was told it was much easier....that does suckk.
Just remember.....unless someone has PERSONALLY accomplished
weaning off subs....they are really not in a position to share that experience with you~
Actally any shared expierence is good! To know any knowledge that any one has for detox of suboxone!!
Hey AMG-
A couple a things... I know everyone is different but it's sounds to be like you jumped off of subs too high. 2mgs isn't a ton but when people taper, then get down to .25 and take it every other day for weeks before completely stopping. That would explain the severe and extended withdraw. I just started that treatment myself and have done a ton of research. And going back to opiates and using an even higher dose than before because of the tolerance the subs gave you added fuel to the fire. I used Kratom as maintenance a few years back too. I thought it would help keep withdraws to a minimum and then I'd slowly stop but the problem is I was so used to not feeling my usual chronic pain so keeping my kratom use to a minimum didn't work. My mental addiction took over and I used more because I didn't want to hurt. Truth is, there is rebound pain with withdraw but it lowers within time. Yes, kratom is a "natural herb" but you told someone to look it up on Wikipedia for more info so that said, you have to know that it hits the said receptors as opiates. That's why it makes you feel better! And to someone else's point, benzos are downers....that has ALOT to do with killing your energy and motivation and that's on top of already having a lack of energy from sub withdraws. It's a sedative! I know it's not what you want to do or hear but I really think you need to bite the bullet and go cold turkey. You have family and friends to support and help you, some people don't have that luxury so use that to the fullest! We all wish there was a easy way out but we did some serious damage while we used and now we gotta build our bodies back up. Good luck!!!
The reason for my comment about listening to comments about weaning off subs was because you were told above "w/drawal from a low dose should be minimal, nothing major" by someone who is still on subs.....and has NOT w/drawn yet.
Yes, shared experience is good......but if you are still on subs and haven't w/drawn from them.....you really haven't PERSONALLY experienced it.
kratom is simply holding you back, once you stop kratom withdrawals will be HARD ,take this from someone who's done it, its worse then suboxone withdrawals, I hated the kratom withdrawals, the depression was AWUFUL. I took krataom for 3 months after suboxone and all it did was PROLONG IT, make it WORSE, once you stop kratom the suboxone withdrawals espeacially mentally will creep up, then you have to go through 2 withdrawals, the kratom and suboxone, believe me you do NOT want to stay on kratom or try it, it has bad withdrawls and they will last long..You arent letting your brain feel reality which is needed in order to detox, just man up and quit the kratom and go through withdrawals, longer your on kratom the longer the horrible depression and withdrawals your have..There's tons of withdrawal stories of kratom, and these are also without sub, so through sub intot he mix you dig yourself a hell of a deep hole.

Been there done that and worn the shirt-NOT WORTH IT..Trust me and believe everybody who says kratom prolongs the withdrawals.

p.s jumping from 2mg of suboxone is 4 months of withdrawals, so doing kratom now your simply adding extra months granted, believe me in this.
Well i clearly stated that i am off subs on the post for 67 days wich i think im about 68-69 days no suboxone tuched. so yes i have alot of withdrawl (withdrawal) expierence from suboxone and it *****! and im very well aware of its withdrawls. I Tryed to quit before cold turkey with out anything and it was nearly imposible and feelings i never want to experience again and it actally is very dangurous getting off suboxone cause it can lead you to heavyer drugs true story. and i have no hope of feeling better any time soon. due to still feeling w/d symptoms.
i jumped from 2MG of suboxone straight to kratom.
In the beginning, days flew bye...it wasent easy. i still felt withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms but not that bad now i feel like im feeling them harder even while on kratom taking less then usual...
and how long are kratom W/D symptoms some one on wikkapida put that its less addictive then coffee supposedly....i mean how did you make it..? sense we have a simulator story.
Ever heard of puridone? Super expensive - probably a cheaper alternative, but doing some research for better, non-addictive, natural help for us both.
Still misunderstanding me....I'll PM you
I reaserched the heck out of Kratom when I first quit my DOC. Wikipedia is a nice little place for information, but isn't enough. It should be a starting point only for research.

I found many cases of Kratom wd, much worse than coffee wd, as wiki states.

It's also being banned in several countries, and blamed for many ER trips.

For myself, I decided heck no. Please read up on it on more sources, reliable, not Kratom advocate sites. Neutral sites that are well respected. I'm in the hospital recovering from surgery or I would list some good links, but I can't do it from my phone.

But doing more research can help you understand what is being said above, about your brain needing to heal, and Kratom interfering with this.

Not judging one bit, I just want you to research Kratom more so you can make an informative decision regarding recovery, and feel better sooner.

Good luck to you. Congrats on 67 days!
I Am sorry that you are in the hospital and i wish you the best god bless you for even posting on here it means alot. i guess wikkapidia is fake and should be taken down. So there is no way even if i get to less then 3-4 Grams of kratom a day its going to stop the healing process i really can't afford to relapse. When i get to the point where i fell like im burning all over if its easy i will relapse if i got the money i will relapse good thing i got my girl looking after me at her home my dad my boss took my mercedes keys ive basicly been disabled and delayed and out of work for 6-8 months ever sense the proccess of  quiting suboxone and weening off from it started. I Have completley dropped every thing. At first i thought it was a miracle to find out that kratom helps now im just confused. I just dont understand how could it possible Fully Delay Suboxone withdrawl (withdrawal)? and how bad are they. PS i didnt belive anything wikkiapidia said its just a gut instinkt i would rather go through kratom withdrawl (withdrawal) then opiate/suboxone withdrawl (withdrawal). because from my understanding its not as heavy of a withdrawl (withdrawal). i belive i can main-tain that with my perscribed marijuana and my perscribed kalonapin. i belive every one has a way of doing things. me i am the type that i cant stand feeling like im in hell from a drug that was supposed to help me cause the doctor was so smart. Suboxone is so strong i feel bad for people that get prescribed 3 8MGs a day and actually take all of it. my doc perscribed me 2 8MGs a day but i didnt take that much i took basicly 8MG for my first couple of days of withdrawl (withdrawal) then  went to 4 MG no problem a day. then weened my self to like 2mg or a little less. out of the whole year i had the doctor i would get to skip doctor apps cause the dummie gave me more then needed! BLOOD SUCKER! i showed him. i sware one time he gave me enough for a week and it was enough for 2 months. and he was very confused of why i keep skipping apps he thought i was relapsing only if he knew how dumb he was.
Please dont go back to opiates! anything but that. thats what has me in this situation it will only make it worse and will bring you in a circle walking backwords it wont take you no where.
Just hang in there, this has probably already been said but the best way to do it is to stick it out COLD TURKEY. By taking kratom and other thinks you are prolonging the process. i know its hard and you will do almost anything to stop the w/d but you have to just ride it out. I dont agree with the benzo method only because that is addicting as well and has similar properties that will also make you w/d so you are defeating the purpose. Vitamins, lots of protein, amino acids, and exerside will speed it up dramatically. I followed that regiment and today is 4 weeks and im feeling awsome. Hopefully this helps
you are on your 4th week of w/d? how much did you take a day. and for how long? thanks! Im happy for you and stay strong. YEAHHH do some push ups baby! thats how i wana feel. lol
You & me sound pretty similar. i was taking between 2mg-4mg of sub a day sometimes up to 8mg depending on the day but i was still dabbling with H a few times a week. For me the subs were just a crutch to allow me to get high and not pay the price of w/d.Getting off subs I had pretty bad w/d on and off for about 2-3 weeks before I started feeling okay. I was still working out during that time only because strenuous activity gets your mind off the chills ect..The past few days Iv been able to go out and actually start a new job which takes ALOT of motivation but i felt like i was ready! You can do it, just remember its pain with a purpose. You NEED to go thru that pain as it is your body balancing itself out. If you need any advice let me know il be happy to help, you remind me of myself I know exactly where your at this is not my first time quitting the stuff lol
Sorry, but I don't think the doc is the dumb one....you are taking Kratom, medical weed and Klonopin?  You've got a long way to go to really detox.  As long as you hang onto anything as a crutch for avoiding the inevitable, and interfere with your brain's ability to function on its own, you are never going to be free of the desire to alter your mood with chemicals...do you really want this for your life?  You've got to find ways to replace those desires with positive and healthier alternatives...and that's not easy!  .  Sorry to be a downer, but take it from a junkie who tried it all, Kratom when the scripts ran out...just about everything.  At some point there is a jump-off that you have to be real about.  Have you decided when this will happen for you?  Sounds like you need a plan or it might be a roller coaster for an indefinite time.  Don't mean to sound negative, just trying to be real.  And from someone who medicated for years and years, if I can do it, so can you!  The process totally s****, but starting to come out on the other side (27 days ct WD), there is nothing better than being free.
To be real with you i love the free feeling but when your stuck and dont wana go through hell from suboxone withdrawl (withdrawal) thats a big a.s.s fear to me ive smoked mdc mj for a long time and have quit it plenty of times my whole jurney to this is to get of of suboxone before any thing i have expierenced the withdrawls and still do unless i take kratom and it deff goes away now i dont know how bad kratom withdrawls are im sure ill get off that next trying to take as less *** posible and not abusing it. same as with my kalanopin dont abuse it. same with mrj dont abuse it. basicly im trying the shortest way out i have went to rehab cold turkey while i was taking subs and opiates every other day real heavy and felt with drawl the till the day i got out and even almost a week after. like 39  days. and it was he*ll...waste of time idk i just wish there was some one on here that has expierenced with kratom and has sucusesfully got of off it on suboxone or not that would help. any way im staying strong i feel better then i did when i originaly posted this threat but still its like a upper and downer and ill be happy then boom ill feel like a whole diff person when i feel sub withdrawl (withdrawal).
so you went through hard core withdrawls for 3-4 weeks and was working out. probably more then i do..did the working out help? any advice on anything that helps much needed i just need some motivation back. this s.ucks.  my pops owns a shop i can work at any time and dont feel that i have the energy to go to it whats so ever no motivation...i feel buirnt out! damn i had more energy on opiates this just dont make sense to me...
Even THO before drugs...to any one that is trying to understand me...BEFORE drugs...i worked more....and had more energy and more motovation does any one know if i will ever feel like that again...like seriously this suc.ks its unbelievable dum dum dum
There is a member here that talked to me in a private message about Kratom. They were using it post quitting. I haven't seen this person around in over a month, but will message them, and ask them to contact you about the Kratom WD.

I'm not sure they will see it, but I'll try, since you want to talk with someone that used it for this.

Your question, does energy and motivation return. Well, I keep telling myself yes, not only have many members said so, we would have no recovering addicts if it wasn't better on the other side.. Clean.
Plus, science has proved your brain does heal, it just takes awhile. Which stinks, but is so much better than the alternative, letting addiction kill you.

Hang in there!
I would say I went through the toughest w/d for about 2 weeks, then it lingered for another week or so. After the 3rd week I mainly just suffered from PAWS. I am starting to regain some energy now, i feel as if i keep moving and dont sit down I dont get fatigued. As soon as I sit down, forget it. But yes exersise helps, your brain is lacking endorphine production right now, by working out you are putting strain on your body and its natural response is to release those happy cells. Dark chocolate also helps with that, so does fish and many other things.
Doesn't mariguana make you unmotivated? I know it effects different ppl, differently, but it did me. Just saying... and btw, how old are you? That could have something to do with it. I honestly think SEMI-young adults get fatigued more easily than oldER (not old) adults  - based upon my observations. and btw, take your vitamins!! At least that's what everyone tells me when I complain of being tired.
I was clean for 5-6 yrs. off methadone and other opiates and I remember being very tired very often for a loonnng time (and I believe the methadone worse than suboxone), BUT I did eventually get a lot of my energy back (before relapse) and more than that I got my motivation back - those are/can be two different things in my opinion. The motivation came before the energy. Are you depressed? I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone ask this. That's usually the first thing a dr. would ask....but then again, on this forum the people are usually more apt to talk about your "substance abuse" first. I understand why- out of true conern, but you see how quickly the question turns into a topic about what you shouldn't be taking! LOL - just the way it is. I will keep you updated on my sub taper. I'm now on .5 mgs!! - not "five" but "POINT five"!! Wahoo. It does hurt though....should find out very soon what "the jump" feels like......lucky for me, my dr. has let me ween down to crumbs first. Just wish I could stay on this very low dose for longer...don't think he'll let me. I find out Monday. Wish me luck.
You Crack me up lmaooo all marijuana does to me is makes me happy and i dont smoke it every minute of the day there is times i go a day with out it there is times i go hrs with out it there is times i dont go with out it...that maryjane love...i feel the way i feel with out marijuana and with out anything else specially in the morning with out nothing when i wake up its the worse feeling of all i guess kratom is delaying the suboxone w/d i am gona be on 90 days with out kratom on the 15th. i still get hott cold chills shiffers brrrr just thinking bout them i get them....i think you will be just fine KLB...and to answer your question yes i am depressed and it dosent make sense its like a blank spot i cant see why, anyway the reason i am saying you will be just fine is because you are taking/took it slow. and only .5 MG thats 1.5 MG less then i jumped of off and i rushed lucky you! keep me posted brother good luck! by the way ill be 24 next month to answer your how old are you question! and i think age does have something to do with it because i started suboxone at like 17 when i first found out about it so its been in my system ever sense!!! HopeFully a vecation will restore me....this cold weather *****!!! i should have done this process in summer time..heck i started this process years ago what am i saying.
Yeah that would be really kool to talk to some one that has successfully came off suboxone with kratom. i am 2 days away from day 90 and the mornings are still killing me when i wake up there is no way i can go back to sleep...is that something from suboxone? i remember i used to wake up and take suboxone right away and would sleep in when i felt like this. but usually i all ways slept in till like 10-11 AM with out waking up.
Hey Man,.... I'm going through the same thing exactely!! I'm on day 25,.... I was using suboxone for 6 weeks between 1-2 mg a day for an 30-60 mg a day oxy habbit that had been going on for 4 months,... anyway I agree completely! it takes away 80% of the WD but I still feel weak, unmotivated & real depressed all the time,.... I dont know where you got 90 days from though? for 99% of people on subs for 1 month - several years they say 30 days and your clear,.... as for the kratom withdrawal,... its a walk in the park,... only lasts 3-4 days and Ive been through Heroin, Oxy, Sub,.. etc & its much much milder and shorter,.... it's just the lack of motivation, Energy & depression Im worried about! I used to run 5-7 miles a day, swim, workout with weights, play sports etc now Its like I just feel stuck,.... BLAH! like I just don't care about anything,.......
Man only if you knew i am on day 92 today no suboxone at all...every morning i wake up s.u.c,ks so bad its unbelievable still no motivation....keep me updated i wish you the best of luck i think im having a harder time then others because i never let withdrawls kick i went straight to suboxone from opiates sense like 17 on and off then by 22 i was taking it daily and it made me feel normal....now i feel like im comming back to reality....some ppl on here said that kratom delays suboxone withdrawl (withdrawal) wich i find it hard to belive but i have seen alot of fourms even videos on youtube of people that got off suboxone and they still didnt feel normal months after not taking it. I hope god sees this struggle because it *****. i feel a little better then when i first orignaly opend the post taking less kratom. and im going on a vecation to miami with my girl cause the weather in MICHIGAN ***** and its making it harder and harder....i was well preepared for this with the kratom.,,,what ever you do just dont let your self take any more suboxone....i feel if i take suboxone ill feel good for like a week but then it will just reset me to day ...im proud to say today is my 93rd day no suboxone....still feel symtoms (symptoms) of withdrawl (withdrawal) from it....when i take no kratom i feel like there is a egg boiling on the top of my brain very uncomfable all over and wake up very early. takes me like 2 hrs to get a little normal with the kratom. like i said keep me updated. Also i have found that vitamin C helps when i take it.
92 days is amazing .. . . . congratulations!!!  You have had nothing but the Kratom for all this time?  Are you planning on weaning off it?

You are SO lucky to be getting away from Michigan for awhile. . . love my state but right now Miami is sounding pretty awesome.  Getting out in to the warmth and sun for awhile should do you good.  Hopefully when you get back it should start showing some signs of spring here . . . . (I did notice one of my tulips starting to pop up, so it IS coming :)

Good luck - great job on the 92 days off opiates.  
Only taking kratom...and i am taking 10-13 capsules a day..i take 4 capsules when i wake up....then i take like 4 capsules around 2PM then i take 2 or 3 or 4 capsules before going to sleep....by the time i come back from MIAMI hopefully ill only be taking a few capsules a day then just stop...plus i got a medical marijuana card so there is no gonja for me over in MIAMI im sure its easy to get. but ill take miami over gonja all day...plus it will be some what of a tolerance break. and then when i come back to MI ill be able to pass through withdrawls of kratom with some mary jane...hopefully fingers crossed i hope it works out good. idk if you live in MI but ive been stiff this whole winter walking around like my bones are froze....
Hey - whatever works to keep you away from the pills, because they want you back, and they don't give up easy.  I think cutting down and getting off the Kratom is a great idea.  I can tell you from personal experience (15 years taking A LOT of pills), that being clean is the best high I have EVER felt.  I am not going to lie, there are still days that I feel crappy, but I had bad days before I ever put a pill in my mouth the first time - that is just LIFE, right?  

And yes, I do live in Michigan and can totally relate to the frozen bones feeling.  At least it is sunny this morning (as I JUST heard the hubs say "great, more snow this week" from the other room; must be watching the news).  Oh well, I know within the next month it will only get better.  Spring & Summer in Michigan is why we stay here.  But an escape to Miami - I am envious for sure.  Go and have a great time - get some sun, and fresh air - and really, TRY to start getting over the Kratom - I think you might be surprised how much better you will feel once you are off it for good.  

Keep posting your progress ok?
You know recently ive been realizing more and more life is just life you will have a great weak then you can have a terrible month...stuff happends....cant do nothing about it....it just ***** cause my parents need me at there shop im never there and i been trying to tell them im getting clean for years they dont understand....i think this vecation will have me a little back to normal then offcourse april it gets shinnyy and nice in MI....wana kno why?? cause im a april 80s babyyyy and i know how every april goes...and as in letting you know progress wise sense i originally posted this....i would have to say that i deffenetly feel better and not as deppressed and not feeling withdrawls to offten....the only reason i think vecation will be good for me is because i am not going to waste 4 thousand dollars and stay inside the hotel the whole time like i do at my girls condo puck that shyt lol im going out eating good and making jungle love to ma girlfriend on the beach.....sorry i think i got the effects of a doobie right about now.... LOL anyway thanks for the reply...means alot!!! god bless!
Kratom is single-handedly ruining my marriage... it's availability and the fact that it's basically a legal opiate has been so difficult for my opiate addicted husband to avoid. He went through the same cycle, using this to come off of that, and ending up at kratom, which in turn only made him that much more dependent. He began stealing and spending so much money on getting it. I know that it is legal and that people will underplay it's addictive potential until the cows come home, but I'm telling you, that stuff is no joke. Please understand that it is just another substance to be abused.. one that will not/cannot ultimately help you recover. I say these things with genuine love and concern.
If You dont mind me asking what kind of kratom was your husband taking because all the kratoms ive tried have no where near gave me a opiate high or any high feeling...i sware i feel like all it does is take the pain of my withdrawls away..i am sorry about youre husband is he still taking kratom?
Hi one month ago you started this thread. You are still feeling the same. Please stop taking the Kratom and see if you feel better in a week or so. Are you still taking klonopin? I know for sure that pot definitely causes lack of motivation. I smoked for years and so did my oldest son. He always had a joint hanging out of his mouth. When he finally quit after smoking for almost 10 years he was so much more functional and motivated, like night and day.  Just some things to consider.....
Thank you i respect that...i actually feel just a little better then when i felt 30 days ago...and i know marijuana can be unmotivating but it just makes my days pass and i am trying to ween my self from the kratom to only 6 capsules a day then gona stop and see how i feel....still taking klonopin...and as far as marijuana i am mainly smoking "sativa" so it shouldnt make me that unmotivated
I honestly don't have much knowledge on kratom.. He was buying it in bulk from somewhere other than smoke shops & gas stations. I've heard of bali and maeng da kratom but don't know which one he used most often. This is a man who takes excessive amounts of everything though so I don't know if it was the amount of kratom being taken or the type. Anyway the last thing I want to do is spike your interest on the stuff. I'm 8 months pregnant and had to move out of our home just to ensure security for my children. (money stolen, passed due mortgage, behind on all bills, his mood swings and aggression when he runs out, etc.) kratom hijacks his mind just as badly as the pills do. I'm devastated, living 8 hours away and will probably have to give birth alone. kratom has torn apart my life, my marriage and my family.
It just dosent seem normal for him to have mood swings when he dosent have money for kratom....i used to use that as an excuse to get money to score some dope like a pheen...where i live in MI there is a place you can call called care. and they can take him to rehab for 30 days for free if not financially stabled i hope it is only kratom...im just guessing putting my self in hes shoes. i wish all luck to you and your baby. and your husband on getting clean. God Bless. And dont worry you wouldnt be telling me a new type of kratom because i have tryed them all and im only taking mang da time to get this monkey off my back i just dont realise how people like kratom i still have yet to feel any affects from it. Good luck Girl stay strong its the baby thats important before anything have him check in to a rehab. no less then 28 days...im sure he will change i seen alot of people change in rehab for the good. then its all about staying sober.
Day 22 wds off subs, started 1st daywith kratom no problems except sleep the first 21days but today is hell onearth as bad as opana withdraws
AMG313,

I have been using Kratom for over a year and don't know why but it will pause any opioid withdrawl (withdrawal) and mask it. Only when you stop the Kratom will the wd's begin and eventually end. Also you will then have to deal with the original wd's and the Kratom wd also, making it a double jeopardy. It is like drinking a beer for a hangover. I am not a know it all but I know what I know-hell I am on methadone now. Also, the Kratom seemed to make the wd much worse. And a persons overall health makes wd much worse. if you have any health issues. I know i will soon be in the same boat with you but I will have to go thru it. I have just delayed it with the methadone. Oh, I have never gotten a buzz from Kratom. it just eases the wd symtoms (symptoms) and I have taken 20 grams at a time. It is good to hold you over between scripts but that is about all. Hope this helps.
I really noticed taking some sort of post workout supplement n dieting correctly does miracles I was a user of subs for almost 6 yrs
N I haven't used in a almost a yr dnt really care to keep count but it really works post workout gives uthat edge u need becuz the motivation was my reason for always using again I would stop then feel week before u know it using n it would b subs. Cuz my heart wanted change honestly I stumbled onto it becuz I wanted to workout n bought supplements n noticed that I would forget to take my sub well testing the waters actually worked I hope this can help
I wanted to add my experience for motivation, because I know first-hand how ******* sub withdrawal is.  My doc was also a pusher, 24mg every month.  Thank god I only took 8mg for two years.  I also got tired of feeling like hell in the morning until the subs kicked in.  I couldn't taper under 8mg for some reason, I had to have the energy for work and my toddler.

Anyway, i went cold turkey from 8mg and i'm on day 21.  I also feel tired and unmotivated, but most of the acute WD is gone.  I was already on clonazepam for anxiety, already addicted, so that helped with sleep and muscle relaxation.  Other than that I used a little clonidine at first and OTC stuff like immodium, melatonin, protein shakes, ibuprofen, etc.  I like to jog so I take a slow run in the evenings.

The first week I got about 5 total hours of sleep and wanted to cut my arms off because of the RLS.  After that fatigue was the big problem.  At first I would just wander from chair to bed, trying to get relief.  Now, each say I get about 1 more hour of energy before I crash.  Currently around 3 p.m.

I also looked at kratom but too many horror stories.  If you jump from a high dose of sub it usually takes about 30 days to feel close to normal, but the fatigue will last longer.  I've read the same from others who have jumped from 8mg or 12mg.

Finally, the short half-life of Kratom could be your problem.  I know you're going though hell, if you can't take the WD without Kratom I would go back on low-dose subs for a while and just forget Kratom.  I know it would feel awful to turn back, but the human body has limits and 60 days is a long time to suffer.
Hey Mnap.....this thread you are posting on started back in Feb 2013 and  the OP (original poster) isn't around anymore I don't think.

If you want to get some input or ask a question, go to the main forum page and hit the orange post a question button....you'll get more visibility and feedback that way~  Hope that helps.
I had been on 14mg subs for 10 years as prescribed for lortab addiction.Did taper for 6 months down to 1/2mg.Finally 9-01-13 jumped off totally.Did not feel all that bad untill approx.10 days later.Suffered terrible until had to take 1/2 mg sub. on 10-5-13.Date today 12-5-13 still burning skin,sneezing,allergy -cold like symptoms.To me sub withdrawal all physical,not mental.Even while suffering ,my mental state is absolutely much better than being on sub.I have on 2 or 3 occasions throughout this journey taken 2 to 4 kratom capsules to alleviate physical symptoms,and it does work.The secret is not to take to many,(just enough to ease).I have read so many posts concerning sub.withdrawal,and lenght of time to get off.It truly does take a while people.If used properly ,and sparingley kratom can be a useful tool getting off suboxone.I am still in process,,and on my own as my ex-doctor still believes that i can not be going through sub withdrawal this lenght of time.He stands buy original theory of 7 days and clean.Kratom does ease withdrawal.
I had been on 14mg subs for 10 years as prescribed for lortab addiction.Did taper for 6 months down to 1/2mg.Finally 9-01-13 jumped off totally.Did not feel all that bad untill approx.10 days later.Suffered terrible until had to take 1/2 mg sub. on 10-5-13.Date today 12-5-13 still burning skin,sneezing,allergy -cold like symptoms.To me sub withdrawal all physical,not mental.Even while suffering ,my mental state is absolutely much better than being on sub.I have on 2 or 3 occasions throughout this journey taken 2 to 4 kratom capsules to alleviate physical symptoms,and it does work.The secret is not to take to many,(just enough to ease).I have read so many posts concerning sub.withdrawal,and lenght of time to get off.It truly does take a while people.If used properly ,and sparingley kratom can be a useful tool getting off suboxone.I am still in process,,and on my own as my ex-doctor still believes that i can not be going through sub withdrawal this lenght of time.He stands buy original theory of 7 days and clean..Kratom does ease withdrawal.