Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
effects of morphine on bipolar disorder
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

effects of morphine on bipolar disorder

I have been diagnosed with Bipolar 2, major depressive disorder, mood , and personality issues. I am being treated for these and am somewhat stable. I also have serious chronic pain issues. Years of NSAID's have damaged my kidneys and am not supposed to take most pain meds because of my kidneys.My doctors are considering morphine for pain as this does not effect the renal function. I have heard that morphine can cause changes in mental health disorders. Is there any information about these studies. Would I be at risk for complications of my Mental Health stability.
Related Discussions
i was put on morphine based oxy capsuals 6 weeks agao for severe pain in my legs as all the viens have collapsed and i have suffered with leg ulcers for ove a year now. miraculously i was given support stockings form my hospital wich dont look to sexy but the pain decreased so much i only needed paracetamol and ibuprophine so i decided to stop taking the mrphin. at first i thought i was coming down with a flu till my head started on a suicide mission. for a full week i have battled the cold turkey traumer just as if i were on herowin. i wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy it realy has stuffed up my head ( i have been fine for 3 years with the ecational up and down but not like this. i am going back to my dr this morning and my leg ulcers are bleeding and are extremely painfull and i hav had little sleep.i cant go back on the oxy tablets as i dont think i could live through another suicidal out burst because of my bipolar. any one who is thinking about the same medication needs to think it through carefully before jumping in
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...