to Steve L
hey Steve!! Im glad you are feeling better. I havent been on this site in a few days, but Im the one who was asking you about how to taper from xanax, which I have been prescribed for years for severe panic attack disorder. I read your post on a recomendation you received from a doc about using suboxone for benzo withdraw. From MY experience (which isnt the final say of course) I was put on suboxone for a month for pain, and it made my panic attacks worse. Do you suffer from panic attacks? I wasnt sure if thats why you take xanax. The fear I have everytime I try to lower my xanax dose is that my panic attacks intensify...hyperventilation, nu,b hands and feet and face, its the most hellish thing Ive tried to go through. I have tried antidepressants in the past geared towards anxiety, but they never helped, I stil had panic attacks. How do you learn to live with panic attacks med free? Ive had them come on out of the blue, driving down the road where Ive had to call 911. Im scared this is something Im going to have to take for the rest of my life
I have always had anxiety for as long as I can remember.  It was terribly debilitating.  I hated the way xanax and valium made me feel so out of control so I looke elsewhere.. yoga, mediation etc.  The program that saved my life years ago and I know i has worked for many MANY people, is called the midwest Center for Anxiety!
Here is the link.  The tapes and / or CD's might be pricey but they were the bet thing to ever happen to me when I was at my worst.

http://www.stresscenter.com/