Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
words of encouragement

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

words of encouragement

I need help coming up with words of encouragement. I'm not good at all with words.
Hubby is trying to quit pain pills and I've told him that he has to be able to just do it and tough it out,
but he says if he hears me say that again he'll lose it. The only thing I could come up with is "be strong".

What other words or phrases can I use to be more supportive?

I appreciate all the help and thank you in advance.
Thats a tough one.I will tell you for me when I was going through w/ds I didn't want to be talked to or touched.I was hurting and I was tired and I was extremely emotional.I did find a lot of comfort in music though.I think a lot of us do.It can be very inspirational.Don't take what he says to heart hon,it's just a real emotional time for us.Just tell him that you love him and maybe throw in a you're proud of him every once in a while.As long as he hears that and knows you're standing by his side through this,that will be a huge amount of support for him.