Child Nutrition Expert Forum
5 year old losing weight??
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

5 year old losing weight??

my 5 year old son is suddenly losing weight.  about 1 or 2 months ago he was at the doctors and weighed 48 lbs.  he is about 45 inches tall.  I would say in the last couple of weeks, i kept looking at him (along with my husband and mother) thinking that he just looked really skinny.  he has always been thin but lately he looks really worn down and almost sickly skinny.  in my opinion, his eating habits haven't changed.  he has never been the greatest eater in the world but i really don't see any difference in his eating habits.  he has had a couple bouts of strep throat this year but other than that, he hasn't really been too sick.  he complains of leg pains occasionally, usually in his knees or shins.  i weighed him today and he is down to 44lbs.  it seems like he is losing weight for no apparent reason and that worries me.  any suggestions?