Child Nutrition Expert Forum
Hates the toilet!

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Hates the toilet!

My 9 year old daughter hates going to the toilet to do number 2's. She is fine doing a wee on the toilet tho. This has been going on for a few years and i keep thinking 'it will go away and she'll just go to the toilet normally'. But it hasn't! This is causing a lot of stress and worrying for me. She is a beautiful girl, smart, has lots of friends and very thoughtful - but turns the whole house upside down when she hasnt been to the toilet. She fights with her brother a lot, screams at all of us and gets extremely emotional.
Would a paediatrician be able to help her in any way? Or should i be seeing another sort of doctor? Any advice will be helpful.
Is your child male or female?
:  
Female
What is your child's age?
:  
9 years
What is your child's height?
:  
129
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
26
Yes, suggest having her checked by a doctor. Thank you for your question.