Immune system issues
This is actually about my grandson.  He's a twin, and both were just over 4 pounds at birth.  The grandson I'm writing about was kept in the NICU for several hours to get his temp up right after birth.  He now has asthma (both boys have allergies).  He has trouble keeping on weight and has Asperger's.  He is often gagging and throwing up in the mornings at home and at school.  The school sends him home, but is now upset at how much school he misses.  I was taught that preemies can have trouble with immune systems throughout their formative years.  Is this still thought to be true?
Numerous premature babies grow to be healthy adults. Lung issues can occur due to time of birth because the lungs develop fully in the last month in the womb. Suggest giving him yogurt smoothies (yogurt and fruit blended together) in place of milk for all meals and snacks for additional calories for weight gain and growth. Suggest having him evaluated by a doctor due to the vomitting. Hoped this helped you.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.