Child Nutrition Expert Forum
My 5 year old will not eat
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

My 5 year old will not eat

Hello,

My son just turned 5 and his diet consists of chocolate milk, Roman Noodles, Nacho Cheese Doritos, Go Gurts, & Cinn. Toast Crunch Cereal.  Oh, and he is a fan of McDonald's fries too, won't eat them from anywhere else!  It has been this way since he was 3 years old.  His Pediatrician assures us that it is a phase & that he is healthy & fine.  This is the longest phase ever!  He started kindergarten this week and I'm having to pack him a lunch every day with the things I know he will eat so at least I know he is eating something throughout the day.  We do give him liquid Infamil vitamens that we mix in his chocolate milk, but it still breaks my heart to not see him eat good.  It's seems like my husband & I have tried everything possible, but he just has no desire to try anything.  Every time we offer him something he says "I don't like that kind of food", I like how do you know if you won't try it.  I am just so heartbroken & frustrated & any advice is very much appreciated.  Thanks.

Is your child male or female?
:  
Male
What is your child's height?
:  
39 inches
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
40 lbs.