Child Nutrition Expert Forum
My child has gained about 20 lbs in less than a year
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

My child has gained about 20 lbs in less than a year

I am concerned about my child's weight.  In less than a year, approximately 7 months, he has gained about 20 lbs.  He has always been on the thin side and is very active.  He all of a sudden started eating more than ever and eating all the time.  He never had the baby fat that most kids do and now that he is 10 1/2 he is pudgy and put on alot of weight.  He plays football, basketball, golf and baseball.  He plays outside, he is not one of those kids who sits in the house and plays video games all day.  I am very very worried that something could be wrong.  Thank you.
Is your child male or female?
:  
Male
What is your child's height?
:  
4' .5"
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
77 lbs.