Child Nutrition Expert Forum
My daughters hair will not grow

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

My daughters hair will not grow

My Daughter is 8 and her hair will not grow!! It has only been trimmed about 1/4 inch just the ends 1 a year since she was about 4. Up until then she really didn't have any hair.
Is your child male or female?
:  
Female
What is your child's height?
:  
4'7"
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
92lbs
Her weight and height are above the 95th percentile for her age. She needs daily 5oz of meat or equivalent, and 3 cups of milk or dairy products for her protein daily requirement. Protein intake is needed for the body to grow and hair. Is there a genetic tendency in the family of hair growing later? If not, then suggest having her checked by her MD, if you are really concerned.