Child Nutrition Expert Forum
Pickey eater not getting enough nutrition to grow.
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pickey eater not getting enough nutrition to grow.

Hello ~
My 4yr old son is a VERY PICKY eater and will hardly eat anything I put before him that is of any nutritional value. He will only eat oatmeal, turkey sausage, tuna, pb&j,hot dogs, and all fruit and any sweets, & fast food & drinks only water.  I have tired not to worried too much.  However I just took him for a physical well check and the dr was (for the first time ever) concerned that he is not growing in his height as he should.  She had an x-ray done of his hands to check bone age and she found that he has some bone age delay and is showing a bone age of 3yr old.  She has referred him to a Ped Ednocrinologist and I will be taking him to see that dr. but I am now very worried.  I know I will get more answers after more test are done but I am wondering could this be a problem due to lack of nutrition?  Could it be his bad eating (or lack of it) that could be causing this?  And I have no idea what the x-ray showed or even if this is something to be very worried about.  And does a delay in bone age cause some long term problems that I should be concerned about or does it just mean he is going to be a small little guy and may sprout up later in his life?   All I know is that ever since I got the call of the referral that is all I can think about and I am freaking at every meal I give my son and really stressing out when he does not eat.   I have not tired pediasure or any supplement as of yet but I do plan to use try that. Any advice would be much appreciated.  
Is your child male or female?
:  
Male
What is your child's height?
:  
39' 3/4
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
35-36lbs