Child Nutrition Expert Forum
brest feeding problem

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

brest feeding problem

My baby is 5 days old and she is not sucking the milk from the brest.When we pumb the milk from brest and spoon feed, she drinks well. She dont dring from the feeding bottle also.Is there in any problem in my Baby or what can be the remedy for the same.
Is your child male or female?
:  
Female
What is your child's age?
:  
5 days
What is your child's height?
:  
50 cms
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
3.25 kg
You may have to gently pinch the nipple of your breast so the baby gets a hold on to it before they are able to suck on it. If she is not able, then continue with pumping and feed her with the bottle. It sounds like she likes the breast milk better then the infant formula and that is normal. That will be fine to feed her pumped breast milk with a bottle as long it is enough for her to grow and gain weight.