Child Nutrition Expert Forum
how to improve weight

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

how to improve weight

how to improve weight of my child and when she will walk without support as she cant walk without support and she also cant stand alone and iam a working mom my schedule is of 10 hrs so i dont take care of her and she also dont have much appetite she dont eat and drink milk also so suggest me . She oftenly  has cold  and cough due to this also she dont eat.
Is your child male or female?
:  
Female
What is your child's age?
:  
16 months
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
8.2 kg
From your measurements, her weight is below the 5th percentile for her age. To help her gain weight suggest in place of milk and at the end of each meal give her milkshakes (milk and ice cream blended together – add a banana if he will accept it) or yogurt smoothies (yogurt, milk, and frozen fruit blended together). Tips for additional calorie foods: If she likes pasta, then add meat or cream sauces to the pasta instead of plain tomato sauce or plain pasta. Add dry milk to oatmeal, mashed potatoes, gravies, creamed vegetables, and creamed soups (add additional meats to soups). This will give her additional calories and protein for weight gain. Recommend giving her a children daily chewable multi-vitamin due to her eating habits. Hoped this helped you.