Child Nutrition Expert Forum
loose bowel movements

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

loose bowel movements

my son is three years old and he nerver has a solid bowel movement. he has about 2 or 3 a day and they are always loose and he complains about his tummy hurting before h has a bowel movement.  I did not know if this was something that I needed to look into more with his doc.  I have a cousin with Crohns and did not know if I too should be concerned about this for my son or if it could be a food allergy.  If anybody could give me some advise it would be great.
It could be a number reasons why, however, the only way to find out correctly is to have him checked out by his MD due to the loose stools and his complaints of pain. In the meantime, I suggest he continue to get adequate fluids due to the loss of water from the loose stools. Best of luck.