Compulsive Behaviors Expert Forum
my 7 year old daughter has little obsessions

Questions in the Compulsive Behaviors forum are answered by Ted A Grossbart, Ph.D. from Harvard Medical School.

i have 3 kids and for about 2 - 3yrs now my eldest daughter who is 7 has been very hard to please and live with. she has little obsessions ie. her hair in a morning has to be perfect how she wants it or she hits her head ascreams and pulls it out to be done again it can be that 1 strand of hair is missing. every day we have this issue she is convinced it is not right. however there are other little obsessions she has. shoes have to be very tight usually a size width too small or she refuses to wear them or starts a what we call behaviour issue. she will pull the straps that tight that eventually they will not stay shut. clothes could be fine one day then another they are too loose or too tight or too short this would be the same top she had on the day before. she is very forgetful and seems to never look for things ie she looses her ds and says she cant find it you look and its under her nose! if she doesnt get what she wants we get what we belive to be silly behaviour screaming shouting throwing cushions off sette punching etc saying she is not gonna pick them up. on the opther hand she can be emotional for no other reason she doesnt mix too well but does have friends. she has just started juniors and when asked who she plays with she says no one because all her frinds are still at infants school she says she sits on a bench on  her own! that worries me slightly. she is aggressive with her twin sisters but she is not left out infact i would say she is spoilt mopre than them as she gets to sleep at nannas and they dont! am i being over sensitive i feel at the end of my tether some days she gets up at 7 30 an dby 7 45 i could kill her i do threaten to take her to school in her pjs which does sometimes help . she is very intelligent and often is happy to play alone and sit and read
Tags: obsession
It sounds very tough all around.  Try this one in the Child Behavior Forum.

tg

1 Comment
A related discussion, 7 year old was started.