Congestive Heart Failure Expert Forum
Troponin? HELP!

CHF is a condition in which the heart can’t pump enough blood to meet the body’s needs. In some cases, the heart can’t fill with enough blood. In other cases, the heart can’t pump blood to the rest of the body with enough force. Some people have both problems. The term "heart failure" doesn’t mean that your heart has stopped or is about to stop working. Heart failure is a serious condition that requires medical care. This forum is a place to ask questions about CHF. Some examples are: How is CHF diagnosed? What treatment options are available for me?

If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

Troponin? HELP!

Long story short, 28 year old female smokers, overweight but working on it. Lived for 4 years eating fast food every day due to depression but dont do that anymore, eating better. worried plaque has built up in my arteries from smoking and bad food. also have high family history of heart atk and stroke.

Been dizzy for two weeks, then husband leaves me because he hates my anxiety (yeah)

Went to the er today because I have had chest pain on and off for months, ekgs have always been normal etc
have low good cholesterol, high bad cholesterol. yesterday the pain got really bad and was under the sternum and on the left side to the left shoulder.

er doc did three heart tests and ekg, because pain is on breastbone, left side and shoulder, worse then ever.
ekg she said was normal.
my troponin was 0.02 and i heard that means you have had a heart attack and she didnt do any more troponin tests like they are supposed too, she says my ck is 62 units (low but normal) and my ck-mb is 0.3 ng/ml also it was troponin I and the abnormal range is 0.04. my homo cysteine is also high.

my chest hurts so bad its like she didnt believe me...im scared bout that troponin all my life it has been zero which is good...help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 Comment
Oh man! I am so sorry to hear about your husband leaving you, and that you are in so much pain. It sounds like it might be time to go get a second opinion from another doctor. I would go to a heart specialist or even just a primary care doctor. Somewhere other then the ER. ER's tend to be busy places and they sometimes have a tendency to dismiss things more quickly then a specialist would have. I hope this helped and good luck!